Archive:Belfast, Maine, Vital Records
Alfred Johnson, ed., Vital Records of Belfast, Maine, to the Year 1892 (Boston, MA: Maine Historical Society, 1917), 2 vols.
C.R.3 - Church record, Methodist Episcopal Church.
G.R.1 - Gravestone record, Grove Cemetery.
Volume I, Page 205
- Wm. NOTE, m., Mar. 16, 1819. G.R.1.
Volume II, Pages 465-466
- Adelbert of Big Timber, Mont., and Lena Montez Haney, Mar. 23, 1891.
- Arvida of Minneapolis, Minn.,and Lilla May Dutch, Jan. 13, 1885.
- Charles, 46, second m., merchant of Thorndike, s. Charles, farmer (b. Leeds), and Rachael (b. Vassalboro, Kennebec Co.), and Ruth N. Cunningham, 25, d. Orren, farmer, and Lucinda (b. Prospect), int. Aug. 13, 1864, "Certif issued Augt 18th."
- Ebnezar NOTE of Castine and Elizabeth Wetham of Castine, July 15, 1801.*
- Edgar F. of Warren, Minn., and Alice V. Drinkwater of Lincolnville, Dec. 15, 1881,* C.R.3.
- Emily and Ephraim Redman of Brooklin, int. Oct. 12, 1861, "Certificate issued Oct. 16th."
- Emily, Mrs. NOTE, and James McCaffray, May 28, 1874.
- Emma A. NOTE and Joseph Jerome, divorced, third m., seaman, int. Sept. 30, 1868.
- Harriet F. and Jacob W. Coombs, int. Dec. 19, 1852, "Certy issd."
- Henry of Waldo and Sarah Thomas of Waldo, Dec. 24, 1857.*
- James of Troy and Margaret Floon, int. Nov. 8, 1856.
- John A. [int. 21, clerk] of Stockton and Ella A. Kellock [int. 20], June 9, 1867.
- Mary Jane NOTE and Charles Burt, int. Sept. 30, 1843, "Certife Issued Nov 1st."
- Mary T. NOTE [sic, int. Jane] and George W. Maker, Feb. 10, 1839.
- Sam[ue]l, Capt. [int. omits Capt.], of Northport, and Mary Eaton, Sept. 24, 1832.
- Sarah A. [int. 27] of Merinichi [?Miramichi], N.B., and William D. Elliott [int. 38, clerk], June 20 [dup. June 26], 1873.
- Silus of Hope and Lydia Staples of Belmont, Mar. 10, 1831.*
* Intention not recorded.
Volume II, Page 663
- Luther, found drowned, Nov. 22, 1870, a. 70.
- William NOTE, cancer, Aug. 27, 1879, a. 65y. 5m. 11d., in Chelsea. [William, m., G.R.1.]
Copyright © 1999, 2006, The Whitney Research Group.