'Parishes: Broadwas', A History of the County of Worcester: volume 3 (1913), pp. 292-297.
About 1561 the Dean and Chapter leased the site of the manor to John Cratford and his daughters Elizabeth and Joan for £8 14s. 4d., and the third and tenth sheaf of corn growing on the arable land, these sheaves being afterwards commuted for £2 10s. 10d. (Chan. Proc. (Ser. 2), bdle. 57, no. 30) After John's death his daughter Joan wife of William Doughtie instituted proceedings to recover the property, which had been seized by her kinsman John Cratford, son of Humphrey Cratford of Croome, co. Worcester, and by her sister Elizabeth wife of Richard Whitney. It does not appear whether she was successful, but in 1636 Charles Cratford obtained from the dean and chapter a lease of the farm of the manor. (Close, 1650, pt. xxii, no. 44)