Archive:Hereford CRO, Elizabeth Jones alias Whitney, 1601
Consistory Court of Hereford
Wills and Admons., W Surnames [1574-1601], FHL Film #91,676
Will of Elizabeth Jones alias Whitney, of Westbury, dated 1601.
Westbury, Shropshire, is 39 miles north of Whitney-on-Wye, Herefordshire, and 37 miles southwest of Nantwich, Cheshire.
Transcription attempted by Robert L. Ward:
- "In the name of god Amen the second daye of Aprill in the yere of
- our lorde god A thousand sixe hundred and one, I Elizabeth Jones als
- whitney of the parishe of westburie in the countie of Sallopp
- and dioces of Heref. sicke in bodie but of good and perfect remembr
- aunce Doe ordayne & make my last will and testament in maner
- and forme followinge. First I remand my soule to almightie god
- my maker saviour and redeemer, and my bodie to be buried in the
- church of westburie. Itm I give and bequeath unto Cicelie
- Hennaye wieffe of Edward Hennaye gent my sisters daughter
- in respect she and her said husband have freelie kept and
- mainteyned me many yeres and likewise a lame sonne of myne,
- decessed at their owne coste & charges all my goodes and chattells
- rights and detes whatsoever beynge but a small rewarde for so
- greate curtesies. Putlished in the presence of william Spilsburie
- Elizabeth Barber Elinor lloyde & others /
- xxiiij th die Aprilis 1601 .... .... ...."