Archive:Leicester, Massachusetts, Vital Records
Franklin P. Rice, ed., Vital Records of Leicester, Massachusetts, to the End of the Year 1849 (1903).
P.R. - Private Record
- Amelia Davis, d. George and Julia Ann, June 15, 1830.
- Buler and Samuel Byam of Narragansit, No. 6, int. Aug. 20, 1758.
- Hammond of Boston and Laura Leffingwell Henshaw, Oct. 3, 1842.
- Hannah and Ebenezer Sanderson, Mar. 28, 1745
- Jason W. and Emely Muzzy, both of Medway, Apr. 5, 1837.*
- Joshua and Mehitabil Willson, May 21, 1740.
- Lois and William Taylor, int. June 30, 1754.
- Mary of Grafton and Jonas Southgate, int. June 15, 1782.
- Mehitable and Obadiah Newton, Feb. 23, 1775.*
- Michah of Naragansat No. 6 and Hannah Harwood, Feb. 22, 1759.
- Micah and Mellisent Maynard of Sudbury, July 26, 1764.
- R. [Reuben in int.] P. of Southbridge (s. Samuel and Martha, a. 42y., widr.) and Hannah W. Wilson, Sept. 7, 1848.
- Susanna, of Shrewsbury, and John Gilford, int. 25 Feb 1749/50.
* Intention also recorded
- Hannah, d. Nathaniel Harwood, Oct. 4, 1763, a. 30y. in Templeton. P.R.
From "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910," from original records held by the Massachusetts Archives. Online database: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2004.
Whitney, [Male], birth, 1854, vol. 83, p. 180:
- [number] 71; [birthdate] Dec. 17; [date of record] --; [name] ----- Whitney; [sex] Male; [birthplace] Leicester; [parents] Jona. L. & Hannah T. Whitney; [residence of father] Leicester; [occupation of father] Teamster; [birthplace of father] West Boylston; [birthplace of mother] Boylston.
Whitney, Abby Jennie, birth, 1857, vol. 107, p. 211:
- [number] 39; [birthdate] Sept. 2; [date of record] --; [name] Abby Jennie Whitney; [sex] Female; [birthplace] Leicester; [parents] Jon. L. & Hannah; [residence of father] Leicester; [occupation of father] Teamster; [birthplace of father] West Boylston; [birthplace of mother] Boylston.
Whitney, Carrie A., marriage, 1887, vol. 381, p. 357:
- [number] 17; [marriage date and place] Aug. 24th /87; [date of record] Sept. 3d /87; [groom] Edgar R. Thayer; [residence] Norfolk; [age] 22; [occupation] Station agent; [birthplace] Wrentham; [parents] George & Kate (Watson); [number of marriage] 1st; [bride] Carrie A. Whitney; [residence] Leicester; [age] 18; [occupation] At home; [birthplace] Grafton; [parents] Henry & Abbie S. (Paine); [number of marriage] 1st; [officiant] A. H. Coolidge, Leicester, Clergyman.
Whitney, R. P. [Male], marriage, 1848, vol. 38, p. 347:
- [number] 4; [marriage date and place] Sept. 7, 1848; [date of record] --; [groom] R. P. Whitney; [residence] Southbridge; [age] 42; [occupation] Pedlar; [birthplace] --; [parents] Saml. & Martha Whitney; [number of marriage] Second; [bride] Hannah W. Wilson; [residence] Leicester; [age] 30; [occupation] --; [birthplace] --; [parents] Walter & Hannah D. Wilson; [number of marriage] First; [officiant] James L. Scott, Episcopal clergyman, Leicester.