Archive:Marshfield, Massachusetts, Vital Records
Robert M. Sherman and Ruth W. Sherman, Vital Records of Marshfield, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850 ([Providence?], RI: Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Rhode Island, 1970).
- Adam, 29, yeoman, of W. Cambridge, b. in Cambridge, s. of Jonathan and Lucy Whitney, of W. Cambridge and Mary Ann Sylvester, 39, of Marshfield, b.in Marshfield, d. of Amasa and Deborah Sylvester of Marshfield. Registered Jan. 20, 1847, married Jan. 17, 1847.
From "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910," from original records held by the Massachusetts Archives. Online database: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2004.
Whitney, Adam, marriage, 1846 - 1847, vol. 25, p. 133:
- [number] 12; [marriage date and place] Jan. 17, 1847; [date of record] Jan. 20, 1847; [groom] Adam Whitney; [residence] West Cambridge; [age] 29; [occupation] Yeoman; [birthplace] --; [parents] Jonathan & Lucy Whitney; [number of marriage] Single; [bride] Mary A. Sylvester; [residence] Marshfield; [age] 39; [occupation] --; [birthplace] --; [parents] Amasa & Deborah Sylvester; [number of marriage] Single; [officiant] George Leonard, Clergyman in Marshfield.
Tucker, Anne Frances [Whitney], death, 1905, vol. 1905/64 (Death), p. 296:
- [number] 29; [death date and place] May 28, 1905, Brant Rock, Marshfield; [date of record] June 6, 1905; [name] Anne Frances Tucker (m.n.) Whitney; [sex] Female; [marital status] Widow of George H. Tucker; [age] 76 8 2; [cause] Intestinal nephritis; [residence] Marshfield; [occupation] At home; [birthplace] Dedham, Mass.; [parents] George Whitney, Sarah Harris; [parents' birthplaces] Dedham, Mass., Dedham, Mass.; [buried] Highland Cemetery, Norwood, Mass.
- NOTE: This was Anne Frances7 Whiting, not Whitney, b. 28 Sep 1828, Dedham, MA, daughter of George6 and Sarah (Harris) Whiting [Moses5, John4, Nathaniel3, Timothy2, Nathaniel1].
Whitney, Benjamin, death, 1886, vol. 374, p. 339:
- [number] 26; [death date and place] Nov. 22; [date of record] --; [name] Benjamin Whitney; [sex] Male; [marital status] Single; [age] 40 2 -; [cause] Valvular disease of heart; [residence] Marshfield; [occupation] Grocery clerk; [birthplace] Wolferhampton, England; [parents] William B., --; [parents' birthplaces] Not known, not known.