Archive:Mayflower Descendant, Volume 34
"Proceedings of the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants," Mayflower Descendant, vol. XXXIV (1932), pp. 92-96.
- Books by Mayflower descendants, gift of the author:
- From Mrs. Gertrude Capen Whitney, the author: 'In the Fulness of Time'.
"Asaph Warren's Family Bible Record," Mayflower Descendant, vol. XXXIV (1932), pp. 138-140.
- We here present literal copies of the records in the Family Bible of Asaph Warren7 (Thaddeus6, Daniel5, Rebecca Church4, Caleb3, Elizabeth Warren2, Richard1) of Westborough, Mass., a descendant of Richard Warren of the Mayflower.
- Among these records is the birth of Asaph Warren's grandson, Denny G. Warren, whose widow, Mrs. Ada C. Warren, of Westborough, presented the bible to the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants.
- The title page of the Old Testament bears the imprint: "Philadelphia: Printed And Published By M. Carey, No. 121, Chesnut* Street. 1814." The date on the title page of the New Testament, however, in "1815".
- It is interesting to note that although Asaph Warren7, the first owner of this bible, bore the same surname as his Mayflower ancestor, he did not get that name from Richard</sup>1</sup> Warren, the Mayflower Passenger.
- His Mayflower line was as follows:
- Richard Warren married Elizabeth -----
- Elizabeth Warren married Richard Church
- Caleb Church married Joanna Sprague
- Rebecca Church married Joshua Warren
- Daniel Warren married Martha Coolidge
- Thaddeus Warren married Hannah Gould
- Asaph Warren married Anna Whitney
- The Joshua Warren who married Rebecca Church was not a descendant of the Mayflower family. He belonged to the Warren family of Watertown, Mass
- The family record pages in Asaph Warren's bible are between the Old Testament and the Apocrypha.
- Literal copies of these records follow:
- Asaph Warren & Anna his wife Married March 30 -- 1814
- Anson Warren and Mary Elizbeth Stone were married by Rev.
- A. Harvey, in Westboro, Mass., Sept. 1, 1841.
* So printed on both title pages.
- Isaac F. Warren and Martha A. Chamberlain were married in
- Westboro, by Rev. Mr. Cady, Apr. 9, 1845.
- Westboro, by Rev. Mr. Cady, Apr. 9, 1845.
- Abbie Elizabeth Warren married Frank A Stone Aug. 27th 1870
- Lola Emma Warren married Arthur H Newton Marh 27th 1871
- Susan M. Warren married Fredrick Whitney May 2nd 1871
- Harris C. Warren married Almeda Tracy Aug 13th 1866
- Denny G. Warren married Ada Sherman
- Emma D Warren married Frank Wight
- Thaddeus Warren Born January 17 -- 1735
- Abigail Warren the daughter of Thaddeus Warren & Abigail
- his wife was born February 11th 1760
- John Warren the son of Thaddeus Warren & Hannah his wife
- was born February the 16th 1769
- Asaph Warren the son of Thaddeus Warren & Hannah his wife
- was born January the 9th 1771
- Submit Warren the daughter of Thaddeus Warren & Hannah his
- wife was born August 13th 1773
- Anna Warren wife of Asaph Warrren Born March 5 1778
- Isaac Forbush Warren born of Asaph Warren & Anna his wife
- April 1st 1815
- Ashbel Warren Born of Asaph Warren & Anna his wife April
- 18 -- 1817
- Anson Warren Born of Asaph Warren & Anna his wife September
- 13 -- 1819
- Abbie Elizabeth Warren born Oct 23rd 1841 dau of Anson and
- Elizabeth Warren
- Sarah Ann Warren born May 5th 1844 dau of Anson & Elizabeth
- Susan Warren born Apr. 8th 1850 dau. of Anson & Elizabeth
- Lola Emma Warren born June 27th 1852 dau. of Anson and
- Elizabeth Warren.
- Harris C. Warren born May 5th 1846 son of Isaac F. and Martha
- Denny G. Warren born March 19th. 1852 son of Isaac F. and
- Martha Warren
- Emma D. Warren born Oct. 21st 1855 dau. of Isaac F. and Martha
- Eva Warren born [blank] dau of Isaac F. and Martha Warren.
- Thaddeus Warren Departed this life February 20 . 1829 Aged
- Ninety four years one Month & 5 days
- The Widow Elener Williams Died October 23 . 1798.
- Hannah Warren the wife of Thaddeus Warren Departed this life
- October 29 -- 1798
- Submit Warren daughter of Thaddeus Warren & Hannah his wife,
- and wife of Samuel M. Smith deaprted this life April 4th 1816
- -- living in Henniker New hampshier State
- Anna Warren, wife of Asaph Warrne, died July 19, 1846, aged
- 68 yrs., 4 mos., 14 days.
- John Warren, son of Thaddeus and Hannah Warren, died
- Asaph Warren, son of Thaddeus and Hannah Warren, died Oct. 2,
- 1851, aged 81 yrs., 9 mos., 7 days.
- Isaac F. Warren, son of Asaph and Anna Warren, died May 6,
- 1863, aged 48 yrs., 1 month 6 days.
- Ashbel Warren sone of Asaph and Anna Warren died June 28
- 1889 aged 72 yrs 2 Months 10 days.
- Anson Warren died March 11 1900 aged 80 years 7 months
- Mary Elizabeth wife of Anson Warren died May 8 1907 aged
- 87 years 8 months
- Susan Maria daughter of Anson Warren died Jan 28 1908 aged
- 57 years 10 months
- Sarah Ann Warren dau of Anson and Elizabeth Warren died
- Fred Anson Ston son of Frank and Abbie Stone died Feb 17th 1877
- Ashbel Warren son of Asaph and Anna Warren died June 28th 1889
- Arthur Newton husband of Lola (Warren) Newton died Jan 31st
- May Elizabeth wife of Anson Warren died May 8th 1907
- Susan Maria (Warren) Whitney wife of Fredric Whitney died
- Jan. 28th 1908
- Martha Ann Warren wife of Isaac Warren died Aug 1st 1897
- age 77 years.
- Almeda Warren wife of Harris Warren died Oct 29th 1917 age
- 74 years & 6 mo.
Parker, Frederick Wesley, "The Diary of Jabez Fitch, Jr.," Mayflower Descendant, vol. XXXIV (1932), pp. 63-66, 119-122, 165-167.
-  Decr. 1st I went to the Landing according to Col: Fitch's appointment but se no Col;: -- I learn a Boy Son to Theos. Fitch has the Small Pox over the River, there was also last night a Malencoly Death happend there of one John Morton whi Died as They tell me Stne Drunk, I rid home part way in compy. with John Totman, Caleb Whitney & his Wife -- as We rid together Whitney was Lamenting their having no Minister or ever being like to have anh, whereupon I Asked him why they Did not let out the other part of their Meeting House for a Store as they had no other use for it, Why (Replys Whitny) Ime very willing to let my Pew which Cost me [illegible]; & how (Say I) would you like to finde two or 3 Hhds. of Molasses in your Pew, when you happen to have an Ocasional Lecture why truly (Replys he) I had rather have Rum.
Copyright © 2002, 2006, The Whitney Research Group