Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Pardee genealogy, (New Haven, Conn.: Printed for the Society, 1927).
22. JAMES4 PARDEE . . . married . . . ANN WHEELER . . . .
He removed to New Paltz, Ulster County, N.Y., where he was a tenant farmer. . . . .
Children, born at New Fairfield:
- iii. MABEL, bapt. 16 May 1762; m.(2) EBENEZER SMITH; m.(2) JACOB WHITNEY.
83. EBENEZER5 PARDEE . . . born at Salem, N.Y., in 1769, died at Spring Arbor, Mich., 9 July 1842; married at South Salem, N.Y., 2 June 1791, HULDAH WHITNEY, baptized at South Salem, N.Y., 9 Dec. 1770, died at Spring Arbor, 3 Sept. 1833, daughter of John and Rebecca (Morehouse) Whitney.
He served in the army during the War of 1812. His early married life was spent in South Salem, Westchester Co., N.Y.
In 1830 he was listed in the U.S. Census as resident at Royalton, Niagara County, N.Y., his family consisting of 1 male and 2 females 60 to 70 years old, 1 female 30 to 40, 2 males 10 to 15, and 1 male and 1 female 5 to 10. Probably these were himself and his wife, and his daughter and her children.
In 1831 he went to Michigan with his son Thomas L. and he selected a tract of about 600 acres 2-1/2 miles west of the present village of Spring Arbor, Jackson County, while his son selected a large tract 2 miles south of the village. Having secured legal title to the land, they returned to New York, and the following Spring moved with their families to the new home, traveling by boat to Toledo, and from there by ox team. The party consisted of Ebenezer and his wife, Thomas J., [p. 172] his wife and two children, and the daughter Mrs. DePuy (then a widow) and her three children. The other son, Amaziah, followed them to Spring Arbor within the next five years.
Children, born probably at South Salem, N.Y.:
191. i. AMAZIAH6 . . . . ii. REBECCA . . . . 192. iii. THOMAS JEFFERSON . . . .
183. ASHER NORRIS6 PARDEE . . . married second, at Ravenna, Ohio, 13 Feb. 1848, MARIA WHITNEY, born 22 Oct. 1820, died 6 Mar. 1850. [No children.]
212. THOMAS6 PARDEE . . . married first, . . . HANNAH MAIN . . . .
Children by first wife, born at Wilton, Conn.:
- i. FRANCES ADELE7, b. 14 Oct. 1844; m. 11 Oct. 1864, CHARLES JAMES TAYLOR, b. at Wilton, 8 Aug. 1841, d. 31 May 1887; had issue.*
- . . . .
* . . . . Children (Taylor): . . . ; 2. Lena F., b. at Wilton, 5 Apr. 1871; m. 31 Dec. 1896, Thomas L. Whitney, b. at Norwalk, 12 Aug. 1867. . . . .