Archive:Parish Register, All Saints Church, Isleworth, Middlesex, England
The following entries are taken from First Known Use of Whitney as a Surname, pages xviii-xix. Allegedly copied by Horatio Gates Somerby, 10 Jan 1871.
- 5 Jul 1574, Nicholas Whitneye, the sonne of Willyam Whitney.
- 26 Feb 1575, Wyllyam Whitneye, the sonne of Willyam Whitneye.
- 27 Sep 1579, Roger Whitneye, the sonne of Willyam Whitneye.
- 26 Nov 1581, Lawrence Whitneye, the sonne of Willyam Whitneye.
- 4 Jan 1583[/4], Robert Whitneye, the sonne of Willyam Whitneye.
- 3 Aug 1586, Elizabeth Whitneye, the dawghter of Willyam Whitneye.
- 12 Jul 1590, Gedeon Whitney, the sonne of Willyam Whitney.
- 23 May 1619, John Whitne, Ellen his wife, had there daughter Mary baptiz.
- 14 Sep 1621, John Whitne, & Ellin his wife, had John there son baptized.
- 6 Jan 1623[/4], John Whitne, & Elinor his wife, had the[re] sone Richard baptized.
- 16 Sep 1573, Willyam Whitney and Elizabeth Smyth.
- 24 Jul 1573, Johan Whitneye, the wife of Willyam Whitneye.
- 28 Oct 1591, Willyam Whitneye.
- 12 Jan 1604[/5], Margaret ye daughter of Thomas Whitneye.
- 9 Jan 1614[/5], Robert Whitney.
The following entries were copied by John Whitney at the London Metropolitan Archives, 9 Sep 1997. He copied through the year 1610.
- 26 Jan 1575, William Whitney the sonne of William Whitney
- 27 Oct 1579, Robert Whitney the sonne of William Whitney
- 26 Nov 1581, Lawrence Whitney the sonne of William Whitney
- 03 Aug 1586, Elizabeth Whitney the dau. of William Whitney
- 12 July 1590, Cedron Whitney the sonne of William Whitney
- Note: After reviewing photocopies of the original records, this name should be Gedeon, not Cedron - TBD
- 17 Sept 1573, (--?--) Whitney to Elizabeth Smyth
- 24 July 1573, Johan Whitney the wife of William Whitney
The following entries were photocopied by Tim Doyle at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City from FHL microfilm 585,395 in March, 2006.
- The old Isleworth Parish Register is organized by year "Anno Domini 1 5 7 3" and each year is subdivided into sections for "Weddings", "Christenings", and "Buryals". The years start on March 25th, not January 1st. The book is damaged with sections on the bottom and sides of the pages shrunken and discolored. On some pages, about a third of the page is unreadable, but others are not nearly as bad.
 Julij 5 / Nicholas Whitneye, the sonne of Willyam Whitney.
- more coming soon...
[1573 Sep] 17 / _____ Whitney and Elizabeth Smyth
[1573, July] 24 / Johan Whitneye, the wife of Willyam Whitneye.
- more coming soon...