Category:Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts

From WRG
Jump to: navigation, search

Newtowne was formed in 1631. Its boundary with Roxbury was established in 1635. It was renamed Cambridge in 1638. Its boundary with Boston was set in 1641. The Cambridge Village part was set off as Newton in 1691. In 1712, the Cambridge Farms section became Lexington. In 1755, part was ceded to Waltham. In 1761 and again in 1802, parts of Charlestown were acquired. The Little Cambridge section was set off as Brighton in 1807, and part was established as West Cambridge in 1807. In 1815, part was given to Brighton. Parts were obtained from Charlestown in 1818 and 1820. Part was gotten from Watertown in 1855. Its boundary with Somerville was adjusted in 1856. In 1862, land was obtained from West Cambridge, and other land was given to Belmont. Territory was obtained from Belmont in 1880, and Watertown in 1891. Part of Watertown was gotten in 1898. The boundary with Arlington was adjusted in 1911.

Neighboring towns: Medford, Somerville, Charlestown, Boston, Roxbury, Brighton, Newton, Watertown, Belmont, Lexington, Arlington.

Pages in category "Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts"

The following 164 pages are in this category, out of 164 total.

A

C

F

H

P

R

W

W cont.

W cont.

Personal tools