Category:Charlestown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts

From WRG
Jump to: navigation, search

Charlestown was established in 1629, from territory called Mishawum. In 1642, Woburn was formed from the Charlestown Village section, and in 1649 Woburn from the Mystic Side section. In 1725, Stoneham was split off. Land was ceded to Malden in 1726, to Medford in 1754, and to Cambridge in 1761 and 1802. Land was gained from Medford in 1811. Further land was ceded to Cambridge in 1818 and 1820. Somerville was erected from part in 1842. A small area was given to West Cambridge in 1842. Charlestown was annexed to Boston in 1873, becoming part of Suffolk County.

Neighboring towns: Chelsea, Revere, Winthrop, Boston, Cambridge, West Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Stoneham, Woburn, Malden.

Pages in category "Charlestown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts"

The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.

B

C

F

G

H

K

M

P

S

W

W cont.

W cont.

Personal tools