Category:Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts

From WRG
Jump to: navigation, search

Dedham was originally named Contentment, and was renamed in 1636. Part was split off as Medfield in 1650. The boundary with Roxbury was adjusted in 1675. Needham was established from it in 1711, Bellingham in 1719, and Walpole in 1724. Land was acquired from Stoughton in 1733, and again in 1737. Part was ceded to Dorchester in 1739. Another piece of land was acquired from Stoughton in 1780. Dover was split off in 1784. Land was given to Walpole in 1811, Dorchester in 1831, West Roxbury in 1852, and Hyde Park in 1868. Norwood was carved out of it in 1872, and Westwood in 1897.

Neighboring towns: West Roxbury, Roxbury, Hyde Park, Dorchester, Milton, Canton, Stoughton, Norwood, Walpole, Westwood, Bellingham, Medfield, Dover, Needham, Newton.

Pages in category "Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts"

The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.

B

C

D

F

K

R

W

W cont.

W cont.

Personal tools