Family:Whitney, Almon Veits (1842-a1910)
Almon Veits7 Whitney (Jonathan Rasselas6, Samuel Platt5, Uriah4, Nathan3, John2, Henry1), son of Jonathan Rasselas6 and Maria Louise (Moore) Whitney, was born 25 Mar 1842, Montville, OH, and died between 1910 and 1920.
He married, 26 May 1867, 321 Monroe Street, Chicago, IL, Clara Elivra Coe, daughter of John Tibbals and Nancy (Wilkins) Coe. She was born 4 Oct 1840, Newbury, OH, and died after 1920.
Phoenix says the following:
- ". . . a teacher . . . . He has lived in Goshen, Conn., for one year; in Montville, thirteen years; in Rock Co., Wis., eight months; in New Lisbon, Ohio, eighteen months; in Streator, Ill., two years; and, in 1870, settled at 1 Church Street, Sheridan, Ill., where they were living in Jan. 1874. He was then secretary of the Illinois State Temperance Union, and editor of its official organ, The Temperance Union."
Children of Almon Veits7 and Clara Elvira (Coe) Whitney:
i. Ray Albert8 Whitney, b. 6 Jun 1869, Reading, IL. ii. Blanche Maud Whitney, b. 16 Mar 1873, Sheridan, IL; not in family in 1880. iii. Earnest A. Whitney, b. ca. 1877, IL.
54 49 Whitney, Alvin 30 M W Lawyer $1200 $300 N. York Male citizen over 21 -----, Carrie 26 F W " -----, Albert 1 M W Ills.
Almon V. WHITNEY 38 Self M M W OH Lawyer MA MA Clara E. WHITNEY 39 Wife F M W OH OH VT Ray WHITNEY 11 Son M S W IL OH OH Earnest A. WHITNEY 3 Son M S W IL OH OH Charles MILLER 13 Oth M S W IL GER GER Ada HILL 19 Oth F S W IL Compositor MA NY
59 67 Whitney, Almon Head W M May 1842 58 mar 33 Ohio Mas. Mas. Dealer Books, Rents House -----, Clara E. Wife W F Aug 1859 40 mar 24 3ch 1liv Ohio Ohio Ohio 68 Hamilton, James Head W M Aug 1857 42 mar 24 Iowa Ohio Virginia Switchman, Rents House -----, Rose Wife W F Aug 1859 40 mar 24 6ch 4liv Kansas Kentucky Indiana -----, James E. Son W M Feb 1881 19 sgl Iowa Iowa Kansas Day Laborer -----, Edward Son W M Jan 1885 15 sgl Iowa Iowa Kansas At School 6 mos. -----, Sidny Son W M Aug 1888 11 sgl Iowa Iowa Kansas At School 10 mos.
19 20 Whitney, Ray A. Head W M Jun 1869 30 mar 10 Illinois Ohio Ohio R.R. Freight Agent, Owns mortgaged house -----, Jessie E. Wife W F Aug 1871 28 mar 10 1ch 1liv Indiana Germany Ohio -----, Hazel R. Dau W F Jul 1890 9 sgl Illinois Illinois Indiana At school 9 mos. Hedrich, Henry Ldgr W M Mar 1880 20 sgl Illinois Germany Germany Clerk R.R. Mills, Albert Ldgr W M Feb 1880 20 sgl Illinois Illinois Ohio At school 9 mos.
- 1900, Earnest not found.
- 1910, 305 Fifth Street, Peoria Ward 4, Peoria Co., IL:
88 138 Whitney, Almon Head M W 67 mar Ohio Ohio Ohio Justice of the Peace, Rents farm -----, Clara Wife F W 69 mar 3ch 1lv Ohio Ohio Ohio None Sowders, Irvin Ldgr M W 66 m20 Illinois England England Manager wholesale grocery -----, Julia Ldgr F W 68 m20 0ch 0lv Illinois Indiana Illinois None Singer, John Ldgr M W 40 m6 Illinois Missouri Missouri None -----, Zola Ldgr F W 28 m6 0ch 0lv Ohio Ohio Ohio None Dixon, Rose Ldgr F W 20 sgl Illinois Illinois Illinois Operator telephone Mere, Winifred Ldgr F W 23 wid Illinois Illinois Illinois None Estes, Hattie Ldgr F W 30 wid Illinois Tennessee Illinois Operator beauty parlors Carll, Kate Ldgr F W 30 sgl Illinois Indiana Wisconsin Operator corset factory
- 1910, 312 Bigelow Street, Peoria Ward 5, Peoria Co., IL:
216 233 Whitney, Ra A. Head M W 40 m21 Illinois Ohio Ohio Salesman automobile, Owns free house -----, Jessie E. Wife F W 38 m21 Indiana Germany Ohio None -----, Hazel R. Dau F W 18 sgl Illinois Illinois Indiana None
- 1910, Earnest not found.
- 1920, John C. Proctor Endowment Home, Spring and Glendale Streets, Peoria Ward 1, Peoria Co., IL:
-- -- Coolidge, Eleanor J. Head F W 63 sgl Illinois Vermont Illinois Superintendant home, Rents property ... Whitney, Clara E. Rsdt F W 79 wid Ohio Connecticut Vermont None ...
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 876 and p. 1767.