Family:Whitney, Cyrus (c1798-1839)
He married say 1825, Miriam Foster, daughter of Dan and Miriam (Walker) Foster. She was born circa 1805, VT, and died 10 Dec 1887, NY. She married secondly, circa 1841, Hiram Wade.
It would appear from the 1830 and 1840 census records that Cyrus and Miriam had a son, but he doesn't appear to be living with Miriam in 1850. It is speculated that Martha, born circa 1840 and perhaps appearing in the 1840 census was born after Cyrus' death.
Children of Cyrus and Miriam (Foster) Whitney:
i. (son) Whitney, b. 1825-1830, Schroon, NY. ii. Harriet Whitney, b. Sep 1828, Schroon, NY; d. 16 Feb 1915, Schroon, NY; m. Edson Whitney. iii. Martha Whitney, b. circa 1840, Schroon, NY; m. Augustus Ferguson.
- 1830, Schroon, Essex Co., NY: Cyrus Whitney, 1 male 30-39, 1 male 0-4, 1 female 20-29, 1 female 0-4.
- 1840, Schroon, Essex Co., NY: Marian Whitney, 1 male 20-29, 1 male 10-14, 1 female 30-39, 2 females 10-14, 1 female 0-4. 2 in agriculture.
- Census records
- Public family tree at Ancestry.com
- Whitney, Cyrus - Find A Grave Memorial
- Whitney, Miriam (Foster) - Find A Grave Memorial