Family:Whitney, Ebenezer (1749-a1790)
Marriage intentions were published 1779, Buxton, ME, for him and "widow" Sarah (Rounds) Thompson, both "of Buxton". He married, 25 Nov 1779, Buxton, ME, "widow" Sarah (Rounds) Thompson, daughter of Samuel and Mary (Young) Rounds of Buxton, ME. She was born about 1740, and died 1 Nov 1824, Buxton, ME.
Sarah Rounds had married firstly, 3 Jan 1760, York, ME, Samuel Thompson. They had eight children:
Children of Samuel and Sarah (Rounds) Thompson:
i. Hannah Thompson, b. ca. 1760; m. Samuel6 Whitney. ii. Theodore Thompson, b. ca. 1763. iii. Samuel Thompson, b. ca. 1765. iv. Ezra Thompson, b. ca. 1766. v. Dorcas Thompson. vi. Elizabeth "Betty" Thompson. vii. Phinehas Thompson. viii. Tabitha Thompson.
Children of Ebenezer5 and widow Sarah (Rounds)(Thompson) Whitney:
i. Jacob6 Whitney, b. say 1785; m. Abigail Moses. ii. Jane Whitney.
- 1771, Gorham, ME (tax list): Eben'r. Whitney
- 1790, Buxton, York Co., ME: Sarah Whitney, 1 male 0-15, and 3 females.
- 1800, Buxton, York Co., ME: Widow Whitney, 1 male 10-15, 1 female over 45, 1 female 16-25.
- 1810, probably Sarah was the female over 45 living with her son Jacob.
- Bragdon, Lester MacKenzie, and Frost, John E., Vital Records of York, Maine, prior to 1892 (Rockport, ME: Picton Press, 1992).
- York County, ME Probate 16382, 15:97; Samuel Rounds of Buxton, York Co., Maine
- Buxton, Maine, Vital Records