Family:Whitney, Elbert S. (1852-1933)
Elbert S.8 Whitney (Lorenzo Dow7, Ira6, Hezekiah5, Hezekiah4, Joseph3, John2, Henry1), son of Lorenzo Dow7 and Mahala (Dike) Whitney, was born Mar 1852, Fletcher, VT, and died 1933. He "Elbert N." was buried in the Mansonville Protestant Cemetery, Mansonville, QC.
He married, 1 Jan 1874, Fletcher, VT, Betsey A. Burdick, daughter of Cornelius and Caroline (White) Burdick. She was born May 1855, VT, and died 1931. She was buried in the Mansonville Protestant Cemetery, Mansonville, QC.
In 1874 he was a laborer, and in 1880 a farm laborer.
Children of Elbert S.8 and Betsey A. (Burdick) Whitney:
i. Etta May9 Whitney, b. 28 Sep 1874, Fletcher, VT; d. aft. 1911; "of Potton, P.Q." m. 22 Mar 1890, Troy, VT, Prescott Schoolcraft.
- 1870: not found. There is a candidate "Albert" in Newport, VT.
- 1880, Fletcher, Franklin Co., VT:
Elbert WHITNEY 28 Self M M W VT Farm Laborer VT VT Betsey WHITNEY 24 Wife F M W VT Keeping House VT VT Etta Mary WHITNEY 5 Dau F S W VT VT VT
- 1901, H, Canton Brome, QC, Canada: Elbert Whitney, head, 47, b. USA, male, married, Baptist; Betsey A. Whitney, wife, 44, b. USA, female, married, Baptist.
- 1911, Sub-Districts 1-25, Canton Brome, QC, Canada: Elbert Whitney, head, 59, b. Mar 1852, USA, male, married; Betsey Whitney, wife, 56, b. May 1855, USA, female, married.
- 1921, Canton Brome, QC, Canada.
- Census records.