Family:Whitney, Everett Drury (1897-1951)
Everett Drury9 Whitney (Frank Drury8, John Drury7, Ebenezer6, Micah5, Abel4, Nathaniel3, Benjamin2, John1), son of Frank Drury8 and Kate Olivia (Coggesshall) Whitney, was born 31 Jul 1897, Branford, CT, and died 22 Jun 1951, Wakefield, MA.
He married 3 Aug 1918, Wakefield, MA, Alice Mabelle Donald, daughter of Edgar A. and Mabel (Henfield) Donald. She was born 26 May 1897, Foxcroft, Piscataquis Co., ME, and died 13 Jul 1961, Wakefield, MA.
Obituary: Wakefield Daily Item, 25 Jun 1951:
- Everell D. Whitney, a resident of Wakefield for the past 51 years, passed away on Friday, June 22, following a short illness, at his home, 4 Cooper St., Greenwood, where he had lived for the past 5 or 6 years.
- Funeral services were held this Monday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock at the Morrison Funeral Home, 13 Yale Ave. Rev. Kenneth Clinton, pastor of the First Congregational Church, officiated, and also conducted commital services at the grave in Forest Glade Cemetery.
- Many friends and relatives attended, and the floral tributes were numerous and of great beauty.
- Mr. Whitney was born July 30, 1897 in Branford, Conn., son of Frank D. and Kate (Coggeshall) Whitney. His mother passed away last September. Since the war he had been associated with his father in the funeral car rental business in Greenwood, and during World War II he did radio work at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Previous to that he had been for more than 20 years with the F. L. Dunn Company, clothing importers.
- He is survived by his wife, Alice Donald Whitney; a daughter, Mrs. Richard F. Cotter (Norma) of Lodl, N.J.; a granddaughter, Marie Ann Cotter, and his father, Frank D. Whitney.
Obituary: Wakefield Daily Item, Monday, 17 Jul 1961:
- Funeral services were held in the Morrison Funeral Home, 13 Yale Ave., yesterday afternoon, for Mrs. Alice (Donald) Whitney of 4 Cooper St., Greenwood.
- Mrs. Whitney passed away of a heart attack in her home last Thursday.
- Rev. John G. Koehler, pastor of the First Baptist Church, officiated.
- The Golden Rule Class of the First Baptist Church was represented at the services.
- Interment was in the family lot in the Forest Glade Cemetery, where Rev. Koehler conducted the commital service.
- The Morrison Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
Children of Everett Drury9 and Alice Mabelle (Donald) Whitney:
i. Norma Alice10 Whitney; m. Richard F. Cotter.
- Sedgeley, Geo. B., Micah Whitney, Revolutionary Soldier and His Twelve Children Settled Early in Philips, Maine; Jacob and Joseph Whitney Came to Phillips 1792; Salmon Whitney Appeared in Letter E Plantation 1810 (Farmington, Maine: The Knowlton & McLeary Co., Printers, 1943).