Family:Whitney, Franklin (1847-a1900)
He "of Gardiner" married, 25 Aug 1871, Augusta, ME, Ella Seraphine Pullen, daughter of George Mann and Martha L. (Jones) Pullen. She was born about 1851, ME, and died after 1888. Apparently they were divorced. She married secondly, 1 Jun 1887, Winthrop, ME, Charles E. Robbins.
He married secondly, about 1886, Clara A. Christensen. She was born Jan 1849, Norway, and died after 1920.
He resided Chicago, IL, 117 N. Sheldon St.
Ella was a descendant of Francis Cooke of the Mayflower as follows:
- Francis Cooke, m. Hester Mahieu
- Hester Cooke, m. Richard Wright
- Esther Wright, m. Ephraim Tinkham
- Mary Tinkham, m. Henry Wood
- Henry Wood, m. Lydia Benson
- Enoch Wood, m. Priscilla Camp
- Hannah Wood, m. James Pullen
- George Mann Pullen, m. Martha L. Jones
- Ella Seraphina Pullen, m. Franklin8 Whitney
Children of Franklin8 and Ella S. (Pullen) Whitney:
i. Camilla Mann9 Whitney, b. 5 Jul 1874, Augusta, ME; d. 27 Jan 1943, Brandon, VT, of General Arteriosclerosis; unmarried. ii. Geneva Louise Whitney, b. 20 Jun 1878, Augusta, ME; d. bet. 1910 and 1920; m. 16 Mar 1901, Newburyport or West Newbury, MA, Warren Scott Johnson, b. ca. 1869, Newburyport, MA, son of Jacob and Mary E. (Bragson/Bragdon) Johnson.
I. S. PALMER 59 Self M W W NY Hotel Keeper VT VT Edwin BROWN 45 Oth M M W IL Stock Com. Dealer NY NY W. A. COLEMAN 50 Oth M S W IL Lawyer NY NY Daniel COUGAL 32 Oth M S W PA Milk Dealer PA PA Irving COUGAL 27 Oth M S W PA Milk Dealer PA PA Robert FAIR 35 Oth M M W NY R.R.Clerk NY NY C. A. HALL 24 Oth M S W NY Tinsmith NY NY F. S. JENNINGS 40 Oth M S W MA R.R.Engineer MA MA S. JACOBS 22 Oth M S W NY R.R.Clerk NY NY Joshua LORD 58 Oth M S W MA Grain Com.Dealer MA MA R. D. PARMELEE 58 Oth M S W VT Salon Keeper VT VT James PRINGLE 50 Oth M W W SCOTLAND Fireman SCOTLAND SCOTLAND Franklin WHITNEY 32 Oth M M W ME Collector ME ME Frank SCOTT 25 Oth M S W POLAND Barber POLAND POLAND F. SHOEMAKER 29 Oth M D W IL Porter In Hotel IL IL A. L. STEINE 60 Oth F W W MA House Keeper MA MA Sard SCOOLEY 50 Oth M S W OHIO Tinsmith OH OH C. V. T. TOUZLING 23 Oth M S W IL R.R.Clerk IL IL B. L. WHITSON 28 Oth M S W IL Meat Market IL IL Leo HUGO 25 Oth M M W WI Helper IL IL (Continued)
Geo. M. PULLEN 58 Self M M W ME. Farmer ME. ME. Marthy L. PULLEN 53 Wife F M W ME. Keeping House ME. ME. Cora L. PULLEN 21 Dau F S W ME. Dress Maker ME. ME. Ella WHITNEY 29 Dau F M W ME. At Home ME. ME. Nelly M. WHITNEY 5 GDau F S W ME. At School ME. ME. Jenny L. WHITNEY 1 GDau F S W ME. ME. ME. Alvin FROST 34 Oth M W W ME. Laborer On Farm ME. ME.
Whitney, Franklin Head W M Apr 1847 53 mar XX Maine -----, Clara A. Wife W F Jan 1849 51 mar XX Xch Xliv Norway Whitney, Ernest Brot W M Nov 1864 35 sgl Maine
- 1900, Camilla not found.
- 1900, 7 Garden Street, Newburyport Ward 3, Essex Co., MA:
116 119 Moody, Samuel Head W M Aug 1829 70 mar 7 Massachusetts Massachusetts Massachusetts Stationary enginer, Rents house -----, Belinda K. Wife W F Jun 1833 66 mar 7 5ch 3liv Massachusetts Massachusetts Massachusetts -----, Harry L. GSon W M Dec 1884 15 sgl Massachusetts Maine Massachusetts At school Conant, Sarah S. Brdr W F Dec 1838 61 sgl New Hampshire New Hampshire Vermont Whitney, Geneva L. Room W F Dec 1886 23 sgl Maine Maine Maine Trained nurse
- 1900, : Geneva L. Whitney, roomer, aged 23, b. Dec 1886 [sic], trained nurse.
- 1910, Franklin not found, Clara not found.
- 1910, Winthrop, Kennebec Co., MA: Camella M. Whitney, niece, aged 35, teacher, industrial school, living with Joseph B. and Cora L. Robbins.
- 1910, Hallowell Ward 1, Kennebec Co., ME: Maine Industrial School for Girls, Camilla Whitney, matron, 36, teacher.
- 1920, Newburyport Ward 6, Essex Co., MA: Camilla M. Whitney, aged 45, sister-in-law, clerk in silver factory, living with family of Warren S. Johnson.
- 1930, Newburyport, Essex Co, MA: Camilla Whitney, aged 55, lodger, clerk in Silver factory, living with family of George E. Philbrook.
- All data imported from Frederick Clifton Pierce, The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came from London, England, to Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1635, (Chicago: 1895), pp. 577-578.
1.^ "Franklin [Whitney] of Gardiner and Ella S. Pullen, [married] Aug. 25, 1871," according to Ethel Colby Conant, Vital records of Augusta, Maine, to the year 1892, (Maine Historical Society, 1934), vol. II, pp. 196-197.
2.^ "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910," from original records held by the Massachusetts Archives. Online database: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2004; volume 512, pages 524 and 585.