Family:Whitney, Isaac (1768-1797)
He married, 12 Mar 1788, Suffield, CT, Caroline Harman, daughter of Benjamin and Caroline (Austin) Harman. She was born 21 Mar 1764, Suffield, CT, and died 9 Mar 1813, West Rupert, VT. She married secondly, after 1797, ----- Bunt. The 1810 census shows three Bunt male heads of household in Rupert, VT: John, Robert, and William. Presumably one of them was her husband, and William was the only one with a female over 45.
Both are buried in Hopkins Cemetery, West Rupert, VT.
He resided Suffield, CT, and West Rupert, VT.
Children of Isaac6 and Caroline (Harman) Whitney:
i. Clarissa7 Whitney, b. 4 Jun 1788, Suffield, CT; d. 25 Jul 1861, Rupert, VT; m. Isaac Hays.
- Ch.: Whitney; Caroline; Maria; and Betsey E., who m. ----- Perkins, and resided West Rupert.
ii. Erastus Whitney, b. 16 Jul 1790, Suffield, CT; m. Thurza Harmon. iii. Eunice Whitney, b. 10 Feb 1793, West Rupert, VT; d. s. p. iv. Chartsey Whitney, b. 18 Sep 1795, West Rupert, VT; d. Plymouth, MI; m. Martin Frazer.
- Ch.: Cordelia; Eunice; James; Oscar, resided Plymouth; Caroline; Maria; Helen; and Mary.
- 1791, Rupert, Bennington Co., VT: Isaac Whitney, 1 male over 16, 1 male 0-15, and 2 females.
- 1800, Rupert, Bennington Co., VT: Caroline Whitney, 1 female 26-44, 1 female 10-15, and 1 female 0-9.
- 1810, widow Caroline not found.
- All data imported from Frederick Clifton Pierce, The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came from London, England, to Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1635, (Chicago: 1895), p. 238.