Family:Whitney, John (s1545-1603)
John Whitney (John, John), son of John and Joan (Goodchild) Whitney, of Henton, in Chinnor, co. of Oxford. Named in the wills of his grandfather Whitney (1550), and grandmother Goodchild (1544). Executor of his father's will. His own, dated April 19, 1602, was proved at Oxford, Oct. 17, 1603.
He married Isabel -----, co-executrix of her husband's will. Her own, dated May 25, 1635, was proved April 6, 1639. Mentions son-in-law, William Coxe.
Children of John and Isabel (-----) Whitney:
i. Thomas Whitney, m. Joan -----. ii. John Whitney, of Okely, in Chinnor; named in the wills of his father and mother.
- William Whitney, bap. April 4, 1622.
- Edward Whitney, bap. Nov. 14, 1624.
- Alice Whitney, bap. Feb. 25, 1626-7.
- Mary Whitney, bap. Sept. 10, 1631.
iii. Lawrence Whitney, of Chinnor; baptised there, May 31, 1587. Named in the wills of his father and mother. Was he the Lawrence Witney who m. 1632, Emmington, Oxfordshire, Susan Alce?
- Ch: Susan Whitney, bap. Nov. 23, 1634.
iv. Elisabeth Whitney, baptised March 8, 1584-5; named in the wills of her father and mother; wife of John Franklin; deceased before her mother. v. Emma Whitney, baptised Aug. 20, 1590. vi. Maud Whitney, baptised April 25, 1596. Named in her father's will. vii. Agnes Whitney, named in her father's will.
- "Whitney of Chinnor and Islip, Oxfordshire" Chart, in Green, Henry, editor, Whitney's Choice of Emblemes, (London: Lovell, Reeve & Co. 1866).