Family:Whitney, William (s1600-1634)
William Whitney, parentage unknown, born say 1600, died in 1634, after 1 May and before 13 Aug.
He married Anne -----. He refers to his father Powell in his will, so perhaps she was Anne Powell.
On 1 May 1634 made his nuncupative will, which was probated 13 Aug 1634. In it, he
- authorized and appointed Mr Thomas Franklin and Mr Edward Sutton of Bisren, Oxfordshire to sell his 3 houses at Woodstoke and his farm at Wootton and his land in St. Nicholas, Herefordshire in the possession of Mrs Joane Johnseys, widow, valued at L40, to pay his debts.
- gave his land in Brill to his wife Anne for life and then to his son James
- appointed Anne and James to pay his father Powell 20 per year for life
- appointed his crops of corn at Hensington, Wootton and Brill to be sold by Franklin and Sutton, the proceeds to be equally divided between his 5 daughters and the child that his wife then carried, to be used to care for them until they were married or turned 18
- gave all other belongings to his wife Anne
- named his wife Anne executrix
- appointed Mr. John Pym of Brill, Gent. and Thomas Hunt of Brill as overseers
- gave his great gold ring to his son James
- gave to each daughter 20s
Children of William and Anne (-----) Whitney (order uncertain):
i. James Whitney ii. (daughter) Whitney iii. (daughter) Whitney iv. (daughter) Whitney v. (daughter) Whitney vi. (daughter) Whitney vii. (child) Whitney, b. ca. 1634.
- Will of William Whitney of Brill, Buckinghamshire, PCC