Family:Whitney, William Henry (c1795-a1830)
He married, 13 Feb 1816, Hannah McNaughton, daughter of Findlay and Sarah (Cleveland) McNaughton. She was born about 1797, VT.
He was a goldsmith, politician, and judge, in Uniontown, Columbus, and Akron, OH.
Children of William Henry7 and Hannah (McNaughton) Whitney:
i. Margaret Gray8 Whitney, b. 27 Feb 1817, Pawlet, VT; d. 1 Jan 1879, WI; m. 9 Nov 1836, Ravenna, OH, Moses G. Cleveland. ii. Mary Louisa Whitney, b. 24 Aug 1819; d. 15 Sep 1896, aged 78 years; m. 6 Oct 1837, Granville, OH, George Brown Warden, b. 18 Jul 1817, d. 10 Oct 1896, aged 79 years, son of Gabriel and Mary P. (Seely) Warden; both bur. Wiscotta Cemetery, Redfield, IA. iii. Helen Maria Whitney Whitney, b. 1822, Akron, OH; m. Daniel Tilton Hickox. iv. Hannah C. Whitney, b. ca. 1824; m. 28 Sep 1842, David Gilbert Wilcox. v. Amelia Whitney, b. ca. 1827 (twin); possibly the Amelia Whitney who m. 15 Nov 1849, Summit Co., OH, William S. Palmer. vi. Pamela Whitney, b. ca. 1827 (twin). vii. William Finley Whitney, b. 23 Sep 1830, Uniontown, OH; m. Helen A. Beardsley. viii. Amanda Whitney, b. 1833.
One source gives the date of birth of William as 22 Feb 1795, Pawlet, VT. All other sources place his birth in Rensselaer Co., NY.
- 1820, Union Town, Meigs Co., OH: William H. Whitney, 2 males 18-25, 1 female 16-25, and 2 females 0-9; 3 engaged in agriculture.
- 1830, Union Town, Stark Co., OH: William H. Whitney, Esq., 1 male 30-39, 1 female 30-39, 2 females 10-14, 2 females 5-9, and 2 females 0-4.
- 1840: not found.
- 1850: not found.
- Mailing List:1999-07-10 05, HELEN MARIA WHITNEY, by Margaret Ernst
- Mailing List:2002-12-04 01, Re: Hickcox,Keith,Cunningham,Whitney,McNaughton, by Margaret Ernst
- Mailing List:2004-09-16 02, Re: Re: Sarah Janet (WHITNEY) FARNSWORTH, b. 1840, NY, by Ben Whitney
- E-mail from Penny Kinney, 11 Sep 2016.