Whitney Family DNA Project, Results for Kit 5736
Test Subject Name
This person has not authorized the release of their name.
|This person's DNA shows that he is a member of Haplogroup R1b1b2. This is a subset of Haplogroup R1b, the most frequent Y-chromosome haplogroup in Europe. Its frequency is highest in Western Europe (and due to European emigration, in North America). In southern England, the frequency of R1b is about 70% and in parts of Spain, Portugal, France, Wales, and Ireland, the frequency of R1b is greater than 90%.
During the last ice age, groups of people are thought to have lived near the tree line in what is now northern Spain, the Middle East, and the Eurasian Steppes. As the ice melted, those populations moved north and distributed their unique haplogroups throughout Europe.
Based upon this information, this person's male line ancestors probably lived in what is now northern Spain about 20,000-30,000 years ago.
|DYS 393||DYS 390||DYS 19||DYS 391||DYS 385a||DYS 385b||DYS 426||DYS 388||DYS 439||DYS 389-1||DYS 392||DYS 389-2|
|DYS 458||DYS 459a||DYS 459b||DYS 455||DYS 454||DYS 447||DYS 437||DYS 448||DYS 449||DYS 446a||DYS 446b||DYS 446c||DYS 446d|
|DYS 460||GATA H4||YCA Iia||YCA Iib||DYS 456||DYS 607||DYS 576||DYS 570||CDY a||CDY b||DYS 442||DYS 438|
|DYS 531||DYS 578||DYS 395S1a||DYS 395S1b||DYS 590||DYS 537||DYS 641||DYS 472||DYS 406S1||DYS 511||DYS 425||DYS 413a||DYS 413b||DYS 557||DYS 594|
|DYS 436||DYS 490||DYS 534||DYS 450||DYS 444||DYS 481||DYS 520||DYS 446||DYS 617||DYS 568||DYS 487||DYS 572||DYS 640||DYS 492||DYS 565|
- The DNA results for this individual show that he is a direct descendant of the immigrant John Whitney.
- The results, out to 67 markers, are a near match to John Whitney's "signature" DNA profile, with the following exceptions:
- The results at marker DYS 446a show 16 repeats instead of the standard 15 repeats. No other descendant of John Whitney who has been tested has this difference at this location.
- The results at marker DYS 557 show 15 repeats instead of the standard 16 repeats. No other descendant of John Whitney who has been tested has this difference at this location.
- Research has shown that this person is a 5th cousin of the person with Kit 73668. However, these individuals differ by at least two markers out of 67 (one of them does not yet have results for markers 26-37). Because of this difference, I would urge both individuals to verify their ancestry back to their supposed common ancestor, Silas6 Whitney.