Archive:NEHGR, Volume 104
Archives > Archive:Extracts > Archive:The New England Historical and Genealogical Register > NEHGR, Volume 104
Hopkins, Timothy, and Griffith, Margaret, "Stephen Hopkins of the Mayflower and Some of His Descendants," NEHGR, vol. CIV (1950), pp. 52-56 [Continued from vol. 103, p. 309].
- [Children of Leonard7 (Joseph6, Jonathan5, Joseph4, Stephen3, Giles2, Stephen1) and Clarissa (Gay) Hopkins:]
- Byron, b. in Bruce, Mich., 28 Nov 1841; living in Linden, Mich., in 1847; m. in Armada, Mich., 29 Sep 1864, Jane Barbara Whitney, b. in Royalton, N. Y., 4 Jan 1843, the daughter of Beechwood and Betsey Elizabeth (Bennett) Whitney. He resided in Bruce and Waterford, Mich., and after his marriage, in Oakland, Mich., five years; in Deerfield, Mich., one year; and then settled in Linden, Mich. No children.
- Frost Genealogy p.152
- Pierce Genealogy, 1889, p. 83
- Descendants of Elisha Cole, 1909, pp. 41, 42, 61
- Descendants of Henry Crane, 1895, vol. 2, p. 34
- Whitney Family of Connecticut, 1878, p. 1710
Kiessel, William C., "The Green Family: A Dynastry of Printers," NEHGR, Vol. CIV (1950), pp. 81-93.
- Samuel, II, second oldest son of Deacon Timothy, never operated an independent press. He was trained by his father and remained in the family business at New London. Samuel II married Abigail, daughter of Elizabeth Whitney and the Rev. Thomas Clark of Chelmsford, 12 Nov. 1733. There were nine children of this marriage:79
Abigal 9 Aug. 1734 Anna 19 Feb. 1741 Thomas 25 Aug. 1735 Samuel 23 Nov. 1743 Timothy 2 April 1737 Mary 26 July 1746 Elizabeth 23 Nov. 1738 Margaret 18 Dec. 1749 Lucy 22 April 1740
- Samuel, II, died in May 1752, and his widow, Abigail, died at the age of seventy-six 17 Apr 1781.80
- [Footnotes p. 92]
- 79 - Caulkins, History of New London, I, p. 471
- 80 - Spooner, Records of William Spooner, p. 148
- Annual Reports - Annual Members Elected April 1950
- Mrs. Carl Larrabee Hartshorn (Lorene Aurelia Whitney) ... West Haven, Conn.