Archive:NEHGR, Volume 54
Archives > Archive:Extracts > Archive:The New England Historical and Genealogical Register > NEHGR, Volume 54
Hoag, Ruth Wood, "Watertown Fidelity Men," NEHGR, vol. LIV (1900), p. 86.
- At a County Court held at Charlestown, Dec. 18, 1677.
- A list of the names of about 80 of the inhabitants of Watertowne that tooke the oath of fidelity before Capt. Mason in December, '77, was returned to this Court and is on file. Middlesex County Court Records, vol. 3, p. 306.
- Joseph Whitny.
Peck, Thomas Bellows, "Records of the First Church of Rockingham, Vt.," NEHGR, vol. LIV (1900), pp. 197-202, 289-300; vol. LV (1901), pp. 425-431.
-  August 4. Propounded Agnis Whitney, having formerly own'd the Covenant.
- August 25. Receiv'd Agnis Whitney into the Chh.
- Sept. 1. Baptiz'd Moses Agnes & Lucretia Children of Ezra & Agnis Whitney. ...
- Sept. 15. ... Baptiz'd ... Elisabeth Daughter of John & Elizabeth Whitney. ...
-  May 31. Married Ebenezer Stoell & Parmela Whitney of Rockingham.
-  Sept 7 Baptiz'd Abigail Daughter of John & Whitney
[p. 429] Catalogue of Such as Were Received into the Chh First Gather'd October 27, 1773
- Agnis Whitney, Ebenezer & Rachel Albee
Eldredge, Zoeth S., "Dunton Family," NEHGR, vol. LIV (1900), pp. 286-288.
[pp. 286-287] 4. SAMUEL4 DUNTON (Samuel3, Samuel2, Samuel1) ... married ... Deborah, daughter of Benjamin and Mary (Read) Pierce ...
- Rebecca, b. in Woburn, Dec. 20, 1726; m. Capt. Jonathan Whitney.
Bent, Allen H., "Lewis Allen of Watertown Farms and His Descendants," NEHGR, vol. LIV (1900), pp. 396-401.
- EBENEZER3 ALLEN (Ebenezer2, Lewis1), born October 31, 1722, Weston, died January 26, 1812 aged 89, Lancaster ... moved to Lancaster in 1746 .... He married, March 30, 1742, Tabitha, born May 12, 1722, daughter of Jacob and Tabitha (Whitney) Fulham of Watertown.
- Children, i. and ii. born in Weston, the others in Lancaster (Clinton):
- Elisha4, b. 1743; d. 1744.
- Elisha, b. Dec. 10, 1744; d. in Princeton, Mass., July 16, 1793.
- Tabitha, b. Jan. 27, 1747; d. unmarried Dec. 17, 1833, aged 88.
- Mary, b. Jan. 14, 1749; m. April 21, 1773, Titus Wilder of what is now Clinton.
- Ebenezer, b. April 12, 1751, d. in 1778 or 1779. April 18, 1779, "Thankful Dr of ye Widow Mary Allen" was baptized. He m. in 1772 (intention filed July 30) Mary Henry of Lunenburg. Four children recorded in Lancaster: 1. Ebenezer, b. Oct. 30, 1773. 2. Thankful, b. Jul 30 (bap. Aug. 6), 1775. 3. Molly, b. May 2, 1777. 4. Thankful, b. 1779.
- Amos, b. Aug. 1, 1753; d. at Fort Ann, N. Y., in 1851, aged 98.
- Abel, b. April 26, 1756; d. in Moriah, N. Y., April, 1841.
- Jacob, b. Feb. 13, 1758; d. in Newfane, Vt., Jan. 30, 1842.
- Thankful, b. March 31, 1760; d. May 9, 1761.
- Samuel, b. June 28, 1762.
Penhallow, D. P., "Woodbridge Record," NEHGR, vol. LIV (1900), pp. 401-403.
- In the course of certain genealogical investigations which the author is making, some errors have been noted in the Woodbridge Record as published by the Hon. Donald C. Mitchell. Also certain facts not contained in that valuable publication, but essential to the completion of certain branches of the family then dealt with, have been brought to my notice. It seems proper and desirable that such should be placed on record for future reference.
- In the Woodbridge Record [footnote: Pp. 54 and 91 (123)] it is stated that Major John married Mary Whiting. As known to the family of the author's wife--herself a direct descendant of the first Rev. John Woodbridge--this is an error, since it is known that he married Mary Whitney of Watertown, Mass., as will also be found stated in the History of Hadley [footnote: This fact is elsewhere confirmed in the Record (p. 91), where we find (262) one of the children of Lucy and James Doane to be named Mary Whitney, after her grandmother, whose name appears on the same page (123) as Mary Whitney.]. ...
Fogg, John S. H., "Defences of Houses in Maine," NEHGR, vol. LIV (1900), pp. 408- 410.
- II. At Kittery, 1722]
- 36th Joseph Mitchel And that ye Inhabitants & familys from Joseph Billings to John Whitney Inclusively Lodge therein.
Copyright © 1999, 2006, The Whitney Research Group