Category:Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts

From WRG
Jump to: navigation, search

Boston was formerly called Shawmut, and was named in 1630. Its boundaries with Cambridge and Roxbury were established in 1641. In 1705, the Muddy River section separated and became Brookline. In 1804 and 1834, Boston acquired parts of Dorchester. In 1836 and 1850, its boundary with Roxbury was adjusted. In 1855, Boston acquired part of Dorchester, and in 1860, part of Roxbury. The remaining part of Roxbury was annexed in 1867, and Dorchester in 1869. In 1870, Boston acquired part of Brookline, and in 1872, part of West Roxbury. Brighton, Charlestown, and West Roxbury were all annexed in 1873. Part of Brookline was acquired in 1874. In 1875, a part was given to Newton. In 1911, Hyde Park was annexed.

Adjoining towns: Cambridge, Somerville, Everett, Charlestown, Chelsea, Quincy, Dorchester, Milton, Dedham, Hyde Park, Needham, Newton, Roxbury, West Roxbury, Brookline, Brighton, Watertown.

Subcategories

This category has only the following subcategory.

Pages in category "Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts"

The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 712 total.

(previous 200) (next 200)

W

W cont.

W cont.

(previous 200) (next 200)
Personal tools