Family:Whitney, Aaron (1774-1823)
He married, 13 Apr 1798, Big Flats, NY, Judith Barlow, daughter of Peter and Elizabeth (Thompson) Barlow. She was born 22 Feb 1775, Warwick, NY, and died 18 Mar 1839, Big Flats, NY.
Phoenix says the following:
- . . . a farmer; married, 13 Ap. 1798, at Big Flats, N. Y., Judith Barlow, of Big Flats, who was born in the town of Warwick (near the little village of Sugarloaf, in Chester), N. Y., 22 Feb. 1775, dau. of Peter and Elizabeth (Thompson) Barlow. They settled on the Sing Sing Creek, in the north part of the present town of Big Flats, where they died (he, 6 May 1823; she, 18 March 1839), and were buried in a family cemetery laid out on their own farm.
Child of Aaron6 and Judith (Barlow) Whitney:
i. Benjamin7 Whitney, b. 24 Jan 1799, Newtown, NY; m. Mary Stark.
- 1790: not found. He was not yet married, and may have been living with his parents.
- 1800, Newtown, Tioga Co., NY: Aaron Whitney, 1 male 26-44, 1 male 0-9, and 1 female 16-25.
- 1810, Elmira, Tioga Co., NY: Aaron Whitney, 1 male 26-44, 1 male 16-25, 1 male 10-15, 1 female over 45, 1 female 26-44, and 1 female 10-15.
- 1820, Elmira, Tioga Co., NY: Whitney, Aaron, 1 male over 45, 1 male 10-15, 1 female over 45, 1 female 10-15, and 1 female 0-9; 1 engaged in agriculture.
- 1830: not found. Judith not found. Perhaps she was living with a daughter or other relative. She was not living with son Benjamin.
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 180 and p. 489.