Family:Whitney, Archibald (1785-c1847)
He married, Aug 1808, Mary Drennes.
- ARCHIBALD WHITNEY Vol. 44, Page 202
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Box 40, No. 11
- THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
- IN THE NAME OF GOD AMEN.
- I, Archibald Whitney of the City of Charleston. State afore-said being of sound and disposing mind and in bodily health for which I acknowledge with gratitude to Almighty God my Heavenly Father, for his merciful goodnefs and being desirous to disposing of such worldly Estate as it has pleased God to blefs me with, while I have strength and capacity to do so, do make this my last will and Testament, hereby revoking all others by me at any time heretoforemade. First, I desire that all my just debts be fully paid and satisfied: Secondly, after the payment of my debts, funeral expenses and all just claims against my estate, I then give devis and bequeath All my Estate real and personal of what nature or kind soever, to my beloved wife Mary Whitney, to her and her heirs, Executors, Administrators and asigns forever. And I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint my beloved and affectionate wife Mary Whitney my Executrix and my three sons, Voz: Octavious Lebbeus, Theodore Archibald, and Cornelius Gardner Whitney my Executors, to this my last will and Testament. In Witnefts whereof, I have here unto set my hand and seal this twenty six day of June in the Year of Our Lord One thousand eight hundred and Forty six and in the Seventieth year of the United States of America.
- A. Whitney (Seal)
- Signed sealed published pronounced and declared by the Testator to be his last will and Testament in the presence of us, who at his request, and in his presence and in the presence of each other, have signed our names as wifnefses thereto.
- W. Lloyd Randal Robinson T.A. Wilbur
- Approved before M.T. Meddenhal Esqire O.C. D. 24th Day of June 1847 by W. Lloyd
- 29th June 1847 qualified Theodore Archibald Whitney
Children of Archibald6 and Mary (Drennes) Whitney:
i. Claudius George7 Whitney, b. 24 Nov 1809. ii. Eugenia M. A. Whitney, b. 6 Apr 1811. iii. Elvira Martha Whitney, b. 5 Jan 1812; m. 7 Nov 1832, Peter J. Suder; d. 1852. Children: a. Martha Ann Suder, b. -----; m. C. E. Kirk, resided Columbia, SC. b. Mary E. Suder, b. -----. c. William H. Suder, b. -----. d. George Y. Suder, b. -----. e. Archibald W. Suder, b. -----. f. Elvira A. Suder, b. -----. g. Mary A. W. Suder, b. -----. h. Peter J. Suder, b. -----. i. Alice E. Suder, b. -----. j. Eugenia D. Suder, b. -----. k. Everline E. Suder, b. -----. l. William A. Suder, b. -----. iv. Adalina Margaret Whitney, b. 7 Jul 1813. v. Octavius Lebbeus Whitney, b. 22 Mar 1815; m. Elizabeth Luther. vi. Cornelius D. Whitney, b. 26 Dec 1816; d. young. vii. Theodore Archibald Whitney, b. 26 Aug 1818; m. Sarah McC. Vandyke. viii. Cecelia M. Whitney, b. 28 Jun 1820. ix. Caroline E. Whitney, b. 23 Mar 1822. x. Cornelius Gardner Whitney, b. 10 Feb 1824; m. Elizabeth Burrell. xi. Irvenia D. Whitney, b. 25 Oct 1825. xii. Lebbeus D. Whitney, b. 20 Jun 1827; not in family in 1850. xiii. Margaret G. Whitney, b. 17 Jun 1829. xiv. Alonzo George Whitney, b. 16 Apr 1831. xv. William D. Whitney, b. 9 Jun 1833; not in family in 1850. xvi. Placidia E. Whitney, b. 25 Oct 1834.
- 1810, Charleston, Charleston County, SC: Archd Whitney, 1 male 16-26, 1 female 16-26.
- 1820, Charleston, Charleston County, SC: Archibald Whitney, 1 male 26-44, 2 males 0-9, 1 female over 45, 1 female 18-25, and 3 females 0-9; 1 engaged in agriculture; 1 female slave 14-25, 2 female slaves 26-44, and 1 female slave over 45.
- 1830, Charleston Ward 3, Charleston County, SC: Archibald Whitney, 1 male 30-39, 2 males 5-9, 1 male 0-4, 1 female 60-69, 1 female 40-49, 2 females 20-29, 2 females 10-14, and 2 females 5-9.
- 1840, Charleston Ward 3, Charleston County, SC: Archibald Whitney, 1 male 40-50, 1 male 5-10, 1 male under 5, 1 female 30-40, 2 females 15-20, 1 female 10-15, 1 female 5-10, 1 female under 5.
- 1850, St. Michael and St. Phillip Parishes, Charleston Co., SC:
285 309 M. Whitney 43 F SC Eliza 30 F SC Caroline 25 F SC C. G. 22 M Broker SC Irvenia 21 F SC Margaret 19 F SC Alonzo G. 18 M Clerk SC Placedia E. 14 F SC
- 1860: not found.
- All data imported from Frederick Clifton Pierce, The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came from London, England, to Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1635, (Chicago: 1895), p. 215.