Family:Whitney, Arletta Annie (1847-1932)
She married 30 Sep 1866, Hampden, ME, George Weston Knight, son of Thomas and Mercy (Dexter) Knight. He was born about 1845, Hampden, ME, and died 25 Jul 1895, Northborough, MA.
Arletta is found in many records as "Lettie". George Knight was a stone cutter and coal dealer.
Children of George Weston and Arletta Annie (Whitney) Knight:
i. Frank E. Knight, b. 14 Aug 1867, Carmel, ME. ii. Charles Sumner Knight, b. 19 Oct 1871, Weston, MA.
- 1880: Boston, MA; George found with Lettie & 2 sons; coal dealer.
- 1900: Northborough, MA; Lettie resides with 2 children.
- 1910 & 1920: Berlin, MA; Lettie resides alone.
1. From the Civil War Pension File of George W. Knight; Private, Co. I, 9th & Co. E, 6th Maine Infantry; Lettie A. Knight, Widow; Invalid Application #11708, Certificate #22340; Widow’s Application #626337, Certificate #507240; The National Archives Building, Washington, DC.
2. Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910; MA Archives
3. Penobscot Marriage Returns; Ruth Gray; pg. 240
4. Massachusetts, Mason Membership Cards, 1733-1990; Ancestry.com
5. Massachusetts, Birth Records, 1840-1915; Ancsetry.com