Family:Whitney, Charles Henry (1830-1874)
Charles Henry7 Whitney (Richard6, Richard5, Richard4, Henry3, John2, Henry1), son of Richard6 and Adeline (Jones) Whitney, was born 4 Mar 1830, Magnolia, in Chautauqua, NY, and died 25 Apr 1874, Magnolia, in Chautauqua, NY.
He married, 27 Mar 1867, Chautauqua, NY, Mary Jane Rheubottom, daughter of Allen and Mary Ann (Potter) Rheubottom. She was born 23 Jun 1838, Spring, PA, and died after 1900, said 1922.
Phoenix says the following:
- ". . . a farmer; lived in California for fourteen years . . . . They settled in his father's house, at Chautauqua, and were living there in Ap. 1873."
Children of Charles Henry7 and Mary Jane (Rheubottom) Whitney:
i. Charles Frederick Allen8 Whitney, b. 4 Feb 1868, Chautauqua, NY; m. Wilhelmina B. Jones. ii. Richard Whitney, b. 17 Apr 1871, Chautauqua, NY.
- 1860: not found.
- 1870, Chautauqua, Chautauqua Co., NY:
609 593 Whitney, Charles 40 M W Farmer $10000 $2000 New York Male citizen over 21 -----, Mary 32 F " Keeps House Ohio -----, Fredrick 1 M " New York -----, Richard 75 " " Works on Farm " Male citizen over 21 -----, Adaline 70 F " Housekeeper " Winchester, Clem 16 M " Works on Farm " Attended school Nowlan, Mary 21 F " Domestic Ireland Parents foreign born
- 1880: not found.
- 1900, Chautauqua, Chautauqua Co., NY:
131 137 Whitney, Mary Head W F Jun 1838 61 wid 0ch 0liv Pennsylvania New York New York Dressmaker, Owns free house
- 1910, Charlotte, Chautauqua Co., NY.
- 1920, Chautauqua, Chautauqua Co., NY.
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 532 and pp. 1232-1233.