Family:Whitney, Edgar William (1851-1933)
Edgar William8 Whitney (Beachgood7, Dennis6, Samuel5, Eliakim4, Nathan3, John2, Henry1), son of Beachgood7 and Betsey Elizabeth (Bennett) Whitney, was born 22 May 1851, Armada, MI, and died 23 May 1933, Linden, MI.
He married, 2 Oct 1873, Holley, MI, Sarah Ellen Cooley, daughter of Elhanan and Barbara (Wyley) Cooley. She was born 7 Jul 1850, Deerfield, MI, and died 27 Dec 1922, Fenton, MI.
He was a farmer. They were living with his father, at Linden, MI, in 1874.
Children of Edgar William8 and Sarah Ellen (Cooley) Whitney, if any, unknown. There were none living in the family in 1880.
Edgar WHITNEY 29 Self M M W MI Farmer N Y N Y Sarah WHITNEY 30 Wife F M W MI Keeping House N Y N Y
- 1900, Deerfield, Livingston Co., MI.
- 1910, Deerfield, Livingston Co., MI.
- 1920, Deerfield, Livingston Co., MI.
- 1930, Linden, Genesee Co., MI.
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 1711.
- Census records.
Copyright © 2017, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group.