Family:Whitney, Edward Rogers (1859-1913)
Edward Rogers8 Whitney (Edward Rogers7, Ebenezer6, Ebenezer5, Samuel4, John3, Benjamin2, John1), son of Edward Rogers7 and Mary Jane (Harris) Whitney, was born 16 Sep 1859, Whitney, NB, and died 27 Mar 1913, Seattle, WA.
He married, 3 Aug 1898, Seattle, WA, Mary Ellen Simpson. She was born 29 Jun 1880, White River, WA, and died 24 Dec 1954, Seattle, WA.
Edward went to Michigan, then to the West coast. He is listed in the Seattle City Directory, 1893, rooms Clancy block. Seattle City Directory, 1888, Whitney & Gavin proprs, Whitney's Cafe Turkish and Russian Baths, 110 Marion St. and Gilbert House, rooms northeast corner 4th and Main. In 1899 Seattle City Directory was operating Saloon & Baths at 110 Marion St. and Rooms 1516 Madison. Moved to Hamilton, WA, owned and operated The Seattle Hotel. Moved to Concrete, WA, after 1905, and owned the Whitney Hotel at 138 E. Main St. It was destroyed by a fire 20 Sep 1913.
Children of Edward Rogers8 and Mary Ellen (Simpson) Whitney:
i. Charlotte9 "Lottie" Whitney, b. 15 May 1899, Seattle, WA; d. 8 Mar 1962, Seattle, WA, aged 62 years; bur. 13 Mar 1962, Hillcrest Memorial Park, Kent, WA; m.(1) Russell Chamberland; m.(2) John Miller. ii. Frances May Whitney, b. 3 Dec 1900, Hamilton, WA; d. 19 Jul 1991, Bellingham, WA, aged 90 years; bur. in Hillcrest Memorial Park, Kent, WA; m.(1) 1 Nov 1919, Bellingham, WA, Erick Dahl Erickson; m.(2) 21 Aug 1958, Bellingham, WA, Eilif Marius Skogstrand. Frances May Whitney lived at 924 Liberty St. Ruth Road, Bellingham, WA. iii. Olive Ruth Whitney, b. 13 Sep 1902, Hamilton, WA; d. 4 Oct 1975, Seattle, WA, aged 73 years; bur. Hillcrest Memorial Park, Kent, WA; m. 22 Oct 1926, Vancouver, WA, Herbert Allen Soule. iv. Edward Rogers Whitney, b. 28 May 1905, Hamilton, WA; d. 7 Jan 1969, Olympia, WA, aged 63 years; bur. 10 Jan 1967, Olympic Memorial Gardens, Olympia, WA; m. Bessie Hardy.
- 1881, in his parents family in North Esk, Northumberland Co., NB.
- 1900, Hamilton, Skagit Co., WA
- 1910, Cullum, Skagit Co., WA.
- 1920, Bellingham, Whatcom Co., WA, widow Mary Whitney and daughters Lottie and Olive.
- 1930, not found.
- 1940, not found.
- Census records.
Copyright © 2014, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group.
- New Brunswick, Canada
- Northumberland County, New Brunswick, Canada
- Whitney, Northumberland County, New Brunswick, Canada
- Clark County, Washington
- Vancouver, Clark County, Washington
- King County, Washington
- Kent, King County, Washington
- Seattle, King County, Washington
- Skagit County, Washington
- Concrete, Skagit County, Washington
- Hamilton, Skagit County, Washington
- Thurston County, Washington
- Olympia, Thurston County, Washington
- Whatcom County, Washington
- Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington