Family:Whitney, Henry (1786-1847)
He married, 4 May 1814, Westmoreland, NY, Aurelia Fenton, daughter of Adonijah and Drusilla (Hinckley) Fenton, of Westmoreland. She was born 11 Aug 1794, Willington, CT, and died 3 Mar 1847, Magnolia, NY.
Phoenix says the following:
- . . . a farmer; . . . . They settled in Westmoreland, and, in 1821, moved to Magnolia, in Chautauqua, N. Y., where they died . . . , and were buried.
Children of Henry6 and Aurelia (Fenton) Whitney:
i. Electa Maria Jane7 Whitney, b. 2 Feb 1815, Westmoreland, NY; m. -- May ----, Chautauqua, NY, Henry Leander Church; proprietor of flour- and saw-mills, son of Thomas and Sally Nancy (Parmelee) Church, of Haddam, Conn., where he was born 29 Sept. 1811. They dwelt at Warren, PA, till about 1857; and then moved to Union City, PA, where they were living in Ap. 1874. ii. Charles Henry Whitney, b. 16 Sep 1816, Westmoreland, NY; d. 23 Sep 1817, Westmoreland, NY, and was bur. there. iii. Alexander Hamilton Whitney, b. 11 Oct 1818, Westmoreland, NY; m.(1) Mary Ann Rheubottom; m.(2) Lucy Almeda Clark. iv. Caroline Emily Whitney, b. 20 Oct 1820, Westmoreland, NY; d. 18 Dec 1848, Warren, PA, unmarried; bur. Chautauqua, NY. v. Ruth Ann Whitney, b. 19 Feb 1823, Magnolia, NY; d. 15 May 1839, Magnolia, NY, and was bur. there in the family cemetery.
- 1820, Lenox, Madison Co., NY: Henry Whitney, 1 male 26-44, 1 male 0-9, 1 female 16-25, and 1 female 0-9; 1 engaged in agriculture.
- 1830, Chautauqua, Chautauqua Co., NY: Henry Whitney, 1 male 40-49, 1 male 10-14, 1 female 30-39, 1 female 15-19, and 2 females 5-9.
- 1840, Chautauqua, Chautauqua Co., NY: Henry Whitney, 1 male 80-89, 1 male 50-59, 1 male 20-29, 1 female 40-49, and 1 female 15-19; 2 engaged in agriculture; Adonijah Fenton, Pensioner, aged 86.
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 192 and p. 530.