Family:Whitney, Henry Archibald (1846-a1880)
Henry Archibald7 Whitney (Henry6, Archibald5, Henry4, Josiah3, John2, Henry1), son of Henry6 and Nancy (Brower) Whitney and Maria Frances (Phillips) Whitney, was born 25 Dec 1846, Birmingham, CT, and died after 1880.
He married, Port Chester, NY, Mary Ella Bassett, daughter of Nathan and Sarah E. (-----) Bassett. She was born 13 Oct 1846, Oxford, CT, and died after 1880.
Phoenix says the following:
- ". . . a clerk . . . . They dwelt at Bridgeport, Conn., for one year; and then moved to New Britain, Conn., where they were living in Dec. 1872. He served, for three years, in the U.S. Navy, during the war of 1861; and afterward enlisted in Co. K, 36th Reg., U.S. Infantry."
Children of Henry Archibald7 and Mary Ella (Bassett) Whitney:
i. Nina Mann8 Whitney, b. 13 Jul 1870, CT, or May 1870 (per 1870 census). ii. Thomas B. Whitney, b. Dec 1873, CT; m. Katherine M. Roth. iii. Charles E. Whitney, b. ca. 1880, CT.
371 384 Bassett, Nathan 49 M W Carriage Maker $200 Conn. Male citizen over 21 Sarah 44 F W Keep House Do Ida 19 F W At home Do Hedges, Alonzo 27 M W Stage driver $1200 New York Male citizen over 21 Julia 21 F W Keep House Ct. Eddie 1 M W Do Whitney, Henry 24 M W Grocer clerk Do Male citizen over 21 Mary 23 F W At home Do Ida M. 1/12 F W Do Born in May
Henry A. WHITNEY 33 Self M M W CT Optitian NY CT Mary E. WHITNEY 33 Wife F M W CT Keeps House CT CT Nina M. WHITNEY 9 Dau F S W CT School CT CT Thomas P. WHITNEY 6 Son M S W CT School CT CT Charles E. WHITNEY 5M Son M S W NY CT CT
38 45 Harrison Julia Head W F Mar 1823 77 wid 4ch 2liv Massachusetts New York Massachusetts Landlord, Owns mortgaged house -----, Albert C. Son W M Jun 1847 52 wid Connecticut Connecticut Massachusetts Baggage maker -----, Mary E. Dau W F Jun 1867 32 sgl Connecticut Connecticut Massachusetts 46 Whitney Mary Head W F Oct 1846 53 wid 2ch 1liv Connecticut Connecticut Connecticut Seamstress corset Mfg., Rents house -----, Nina Dau W F Jul 1869 30 sgl Connecticut Connecticut Connecticut Seamstress corset Mfg.
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 915 and p. 1814.
Copyright © 2008, 2009, 2012, 2020, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group.
- Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Bridgeport, Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Hartford County, Connecticut
- New Britain, Hartford County, Connecticut
- New Haven County, Connecticut
- Derby, New Haven County, Connecticut
- New York
- New York County, New York
- New York, New York County, New York
- Westchester County, New York
- Port Chester, Westchester County, New York