Family:Whitney, Hiram Elias (1832-a1880)
Hiram Elias7 Whitney (William Perse6, Micah5, Abel4, Nathaniel3, Benjamin2, John1), son of William Perse6 and Sarah (Frank) Whitney, was born 12 Apr 1832, Phillips, ME, and died 9 Jul 1890, IA, aged 58 years 2 months 27 days. He was buried in Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Benton Co., IA.
He married, firstly, 24 Aug 1852, Sycamore, IL, Catherine Harshey. She was born 1835, and died 1857, Cortland, IL. She was buried in Ohio Grove Cemetery, Cortland, IL.
He married, secondly, 29 Dec 1858, Kane Co., IL, Mary E. Dow. She was born 1838, NY, and died after 1860.
He married, thirdly, bef. 1876, Mary E. -----. She was born Apr 1837, VT, and died 1925, Western State Mental Hospital, Fort Supply, OK. She was buried in Fort Supply Hospital Cemetery, Fort Supply, OK.
He was a physician; resided in Shellsborough, IA.
Children of Hiram E.7 and Catherine (Harshey) Whitney:
i. Sylvia H.8 Whitney, b. 1851, Cortland, IL; d. 1851, Cortland, IL. Possibly the Sylvin R. Whitney bur. Ohio Grove Cemetery, Cortland, IL. ii. Effie G. Whitney, b. 1853, Cortland, IL; d. 1862; bur. Ohio Grove Cemetery, Cortland, IL.
There were no known children of Hiram E.7 and Mary E. (Dow) Whitney.
Children of Hiram E.7 and Mary E. (-----) Whitney:
iii. Frank Walter Whitney, b. 23 Feb 1876, IA; d. 8 Nov 1940, Clinton, OK, aged 63 years; bur. Clinton Cemetery, Clinton, OK; m. ca. 1917, Martha/Mattie M. -----, b. ca. 1873, d. 8 Jul 1936, Clinton, OK, aged 63 years; bur. Clinton Cemetery, Clinton, OK. No known children.
1111 117 Hiram Whitney 27 M - Reaper Agent 100 Maine Mary Do 22 F - Housekeeper N.Y. Effie G. Do 7 F - Ill. William Do 77 M - Blind 1000 --- Maine Blind Nancy J. Do 56 F - Housekeeper Do George W. Whitney 22 M - Farm Laborer Maine
- 1870: not found.
- 1880, Bigelow, Holt Co., MO:
Hiram E. WHITNEY 48 Self M M W ME Physician ME ME Mary WHITNEY 40 Wife F M W VT Keeping House VT --- Franklin WHITNEY 4 Son M S W IA ME VT
- 1900, Deaconess Hospital, 618 Edgar St., Evansville City Ward 5, Pigeon Township, Vanderburgh Co., IN:
210 220 ... Whitney, Mary ---- W F Apr 1837 63 wid 0ch 0liv Vermont New Hampshire Vermont Patient ...
- 1900, son Frank not found.
- 1910, 2204 Charleston Ave., Mattoon Ward 4, Coles Co., IL, p. 3A:
57 59 Whitney, Mary Head F W 73 wid 1ch 1liv Vermont Maine Vermont None, Owns free house -----, Frank W. Son M W 33 sgl Iowa Maine Instructor in schools
- 1920, 1100 S. Eleventh St., Clinton, Custer Co., OK, p. 1A/106:
6 6 Whitney, F. W. Head M W 44 mar Iowa New Hampshire Vermont Machinist railroad shop, Owns mortgaged house -----, Martha Wife F W 44 mar Arkansas Pennsylvania Pennsylvania None Whitney, Mary Moth F W 82 wid Vermont Maine Vermont None
- 1930, Clinton, Custer Co., OK, p. 7A/173:
148 158 Whitney, Frank W. Head M W 52 mar 39 Illinois U.S. Vermont Plumber -----, Mattie M. WIfe F W 57 mar 44 Arkansas Mississippi Arkansas None
- All data imported from Frederick Clifton Pierce, The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came from London, England, to Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1635, (Chicago: 1895), p. 232.
- Sedgeley, George B., Micah Whitney, Revolutionary Soldier and His Twelve Children Settled Early in Philips, Maine; Jacob and Joseph Whitney Came to Phillips 1792; Salmon Whitney Appeared in Letter E Plantation 1810 (Farmington, Maine: The Knowlton & McLeary Co., Printers, 1943).