Family:Whitney, Lewis W. (1844-1915)
Lewis W.8 Whitney (George7, Abel6, Benjamin5, Joseph4, Joseph3, Jonathan2, John1), son of George7 and Arethusa (Gates) Whitney, was born 9 Apr 1844, Tunbridge, VT, and died 24 Jul 1915, Nashua, NH. He was buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, Nashua, NH.
He married, 16 Apr 1872, Lowell, MA, Sarah Inez Bean, dau. of Freeman and Nancy (-----) Bean. She was born 5 Oct 1853, Compton, PQ, Canada, and died 18 Dec 1917, Nashua, NH. She was buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, Nashua, NH
They resided in Valley Falls, RI.
Whitney, Lewis, age 18, cred. to Tunbridge, VT
- Service: enl 8/22/62, m/i 10/4/62, Pvt, Co. D, 12th VT INF, m/o 7/14/63; enl 8/4/64, m/i 8/4/64, Pvt, Co. D, 9th VT INF, m/o 6/13/65
- born: 04/09/1844, Tunbridge, VT; died 07/26/1915; buried: Woodlawn Cemetery, Nashua, NH.
Children of Lewis W.8 and Sarah Inez (Bean) Whitney:
i. Flora Blanche9 Whitney, b. ca. 1881, Marlborough, MA; m.(1) 10 Mar 1898, Boston, MA, Thomas G. Dearborn, b. ca. 1873, Chelsea, VT, son of Hamilton W. and Olivia (Godfrey) Dearborn; divorced; m.(2) 10 Oct 1905, Nashua, NH, Horatio B. Ball, b. ca. 1886, Nashua, NH, son of George N. and Madeline L. (Green) Ball.
- 1870: not found.
- 1880, Lowell, Middlesex Co., MA:
17 20 Whitney, Louis W M 35 mar Works in Cotton Mill Vermont Vermont Vermont -----, Iniz W F 25 Wife mar Work Cotton Mill Canada Canada Canada May, Mary W F 38 Brdr wid Work in Cotton Mill Massachusetts N.H. N.H. Bean, Florence W F 26 Brdr sgl Works in Cotton Mill Canada Canada Canada
112 219 Whitney, Lewis Head W M Apr 1844 56 mar 26 Vermont Vermont Vermont Mill overseer, Rents house -----, Inez Wife W F Oct 1854 45 mar 26 0ch 0liv Canada Eng Canada Eng Canada Eng Immig. 1873
- 1910, 87 Ash St., Nashua Ward 8, Hillsborough Co., NH, p. 4A:
63 82 Whitney, Louis Head M W 66 mar1 38 Vermont Vermont Vermont Foreman Cotton Mill, Owns free house -----, Inez Wife F W 55 mar1 38 Canada Eng Canada Eng Canada Eng None
- Census records.
1.^ Vermont, Vital Records Index, All Births.
2.^ "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910," from original records held by the Massachusetts Archives. Online database: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2004; volume 245, page 216.
4.^ "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910," from original records held by the Massachusetts Archives. Online database: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2004; volume 480, page 53.
5.^ New Hampshire, Marriage Records, 1637-1947, at FamilySearch.org.
Copyright © 2015, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group.
- Missing from 1870 Census
- Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Lowell, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- New Hampshire
- Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
- Nashua, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- Providence County, Rhode Island
- Valley Falls, Providence County, Rhode Island
- Orange County, Vermont
- Tunbridge, Orange County, Vermont