Family:Whitney, Vernon D. (1856-a1930)
He married, about 1882, Julia L. Brownell, daughter of Asa and Amelia Jane (Eddy) Brownell. She was born Apr 1862, Woodhull, NY, and died 1 Nov 1925, Pittsfield, NY.
Children of Vernon D.8 and Julia L. (Brownell) Whitney:
i. Gertrude9 Whitney, b. May 1883, NY. ii. Mamie Whitney, b. Mar 1885, NY. iii. Sadie Whitney, b. Oct 1889, NY. iv. Merle V. Whitney, b. ca. 1901, PA.
- 1880: not found.
- 1900, Farmington, Tioga Co., PA:
136 148 Whitney, Vernon D. Head W M Mar 1856 44 mar18 Pennsylvania New York Pennsylvania Farmer, Own mortgaged farm -----, Julia Wife W F Apr 1862 38 mar18 3ch 3liv Pennsylvania New York Ohio -----, Gertrude Dau W F May 1883 17 sgl New York Pennsylvania Pennsylvania -----, Mamie Dau W F Mar 1885 15 sgl New York Pennsylvania Pennsylvania At school -----, Sadie Dau W F Oct 1889 11 sgl New York Pennsylvania Pennsylvania At school
- 1910, Elkhorn Road, Farmington, Tioga Co., PA, p. 4B:
92 95 Whitney, Vern D. Head M W 54 mar1 28 Pennsylvania New York Pennsylvania Laborer farm, Owns free farm -----, Julia Wife F W 47 mar1 28 4ch 4liv Pennsylvania New York Ohio None -----, Merle Son M W 9 sgl Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Pennsylvania None -----, Sarah Moth M W 87 wid 9ch 3liv Pennsylvania U. States Canada Eng. None
- 1920, Tioga, Tioga Co., PA.
- 1930, Hornell, Steuben Co., NY.
- All data imported from Stephen Whitney Phoenix, The Whitney family of Connecticut, and its affiliations; being an attempt to trace the descendants, as well in the female as the male lines, of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878; to which is prefixed some account of the Whitneys of England. (New York : Priv. Print. [Bradford Press] 1878), p. 1738.
- Census records.