Family:Whitney, Walter Tilden (1877-1918)
Walter Tilden Whitney (William T., Benjamin), son of William T. Whitney (1838-1899) and Salinda (Fry) Whitney, was born 25 Jan 1877 (twin), Mt. Pleasant, MI, and died 27 Apr 1918, Alma, MI, of rheumatic fever. He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Mt. Pleasant, MI.
He married, 24 Dec 1901, Lula E. Moore, daughter of George A. and Jeannette (Hopkins) Moore. She was born about 1881, and died Nov 1966, St. Petersburg, FL. She married secondly, 4 Oct 1924, Detroit, MI, Clifford Stanley Dilks.
He was a cigar maker in Mt. Pleasant, MI.
Children of Walter Tilden and Lula E. (Moore) Whitney:
i. Donald Tilden Whitney, b. 17 Jul 1903, Boyne, MI; m. Helen McDonald. ii. Ella Whitney, b. 18 Jul 1915, Mount Pleasant, MI; d. 26 Jul 2000, Ormond Beach, FL; m. 4 Jun 1934, Huntington, IN, Jay Newtown Crossett; m.(2) 17 Dec 1938, Lucas Co., OH, William G. Vershare; m.(3) 1944, Lawrence Anthony Scovotto.
162 171 Whitney, Fannie N. Head W F Dec 1852 47 wid 3/3 Michigan New York New York Owns free house Case, Galusha L. Son W M Dec 1876 23 sgl Michigan Ohio Michigan Type Writer ----, Ralph W. Son W M Jun 1879 19 sgl Michigan Ohio Michigan At School Whitney, W. Tilden SSon W M Jan 1877 22 sgl Michigan New York New York Cigar Maker
- 1910, not found.
- 1920, Detroit, Wayne Co., MI: Widow Lulu Whitney, 36, and daughter Eloise Whitney, 4.
- Census records.
Copyright © 2014, Larry Scovotto, Robert L. Ward. and the Whitney Research Group.
- Yavapai County, Arizona
- Prescott, Yavapai County, Arizona
- Pinellas County, Florida
- Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
- Volusia County, Florida
- Ormond Beach, Volusia County, Florida
- Charlevoix County, Michigan
- Boyne, Charlevoix County, Michigan
- Gratiot County, Michigan
- Alma, Gratiot County, Michigan
- Isabella County, Michigan
- Mount Pleasant, Isabella County, Michigan
- Wayne County, Michigan
- Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan