Family:Whitney, William Bartholomew (1803-1884)
From WRGJump to navigationJump to search
William Bartholomew8 Whitney (William Bartholomew7, Samuel6, Joseph5, Timothy4, John3, John2, John1), son of William Bartholomew7 and Lydia Ann (Lawrence) Whitney, was born 4 Oct 1803, MA, and died 19 Aug 1884, Sophiasburg, ON, Canada.
He married, 30 Oct 1832, Charity Weese. She was born 30 Aug 1817, and died 15 Jan 1884.
He was a farmer. He resided Sophiasburg, ON, Canada.
Children of William Bartholomew8 and Charity (Weese) Whitney:
i. John9 Whitney, b. 1 Mar 1834; m. Hannah E. Spafford. ii. Daniel Whitney, b. 8 Jan 1836; m. Nancy De Long. iii. Lydia Louisa Whitney, b. 6 Dec 1839; m. 23 Mar 1856, Wesley Wood; resided Mountainview, ON. He is a farmer; was b. 23 Apr 1834. Children: a. Charity Ann Wood, b. 14 Feb 1857; m. 1879, Hillier, ON, John Vancleaf. b. Margaret Orinda Wood, b. 9 Jul 1859; m. 1879, Bloomfield, ON, John H. Chapman. c. Horace Greeley Wood, b. 19 Sep 1872; unmarried; Mountain View, ON. d. William Elgin Wood, b. 10 Sep 1875; unmarried; Mountain View, ON. iv. Henry L. Whitney, b. 2 Mar 1840; m. Lettia Ann Sprung. v. Olive Whitney, b. 9 Aug 1842; m.(1) 12 Apr 1859, Peter Ainsworth, b. 24 Apr 1837; m.(2) John Thomas; resided Rochester, NY. vi. Margaret Ann Whitney, b. 28 Nov 1844; m. 5 Nov 1862, Rev. Royal M. Ainsworth; resided Danville, ON. He was b. 7 Mar 1839. He is a clergyman, pastor of the Disciples of Christ church. Children: a. Benjamin Cory Ainsworth, b. 6 Jul 1863; m. 14 Sep 1893, ----- -----; address, 212 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI. b. Henry Franklin Ainsworth, b. 5 Nov 1866; m. 7 May 1893, ----- -----; P.O. address, 202 Flint St., Rochester, NY c. Thomas Haldon Ainsworth, b. 14 Aug 1868; m. Aug 1889, ----- -----; P.O. address, 826 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA d. Lemuel Cremer Ainsworth, b. 23 May 1871; P.O. address, Box 46, Ridgetown, ON, Canada. vii. David Oliphant Whitney, b. 7 Aug 1847; d. 12 Apr 1848. viii. Victoria Whitney, b. 23 Jun 1849; d. 26 Jul 1849. ix. Paul Lambert Whitney, b. 30 Aug 1851; m.(1) Hannah E. Hubbs; m.(2) Annie Barton. x. Flora Josephine Whitney, b. 28 Aug 1859; m. 26 Nov 1883, Daniel Dies, b. 4 Jul 1858; is a farmer; resided Center, Herkimer County, NY. Children: a. Herbert Dies, b. 14 Feb 1884; d. 12 Mar 1884. b. Winifred Dies, b. 30 Dec 1889. c. Myrtle Dies, b. 6 Aug 1893.
- 1842: not found.
- 1851: not found.
- 1861, Sophiasburg, Prince Edward Co., ON, Canada
- 1871, Sophiasburg, Prince Edward Co., ON, Canada
- 1881, Sophiasburg, Prince Edward Co., ON, Canada
- All data imported from Frederick Clifton Pierce, The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came from London, England, to Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1635, (Chicago: 1895), p. 428.
Copyright © 2006, 2007, 2013, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group.
- Flagged Pages
- Needed Daughters
- Missing from 1842 Census
- Missing from 1851 Census
- Wayne County, Michigan
- Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan
- New York
- Monroe County, New York
- Rochester, Monroe County, New York
- Herkimer County, New York
- Center, Herkimer County, New York
- Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Ontario, Canada
- Kent County, Ontario, Canada
- Ridgetown, Kent County, Ontario, Canada
- Northumberland County, Ontario, Canada
- Sophiasburg, Northumberland County, Ontario, Canada
- Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
- Bloomfield, Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
- Hillier, Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
- Mountainview, Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
- Sophiasburg, Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
- Quebec, Canada
- Canton Asbestos, Quebec, Canada
- Danville, Canton Asbestos, Quebec, Canada