Family:Whitney, William Henry (1854-1880)
William Henry10 Whitney (Jonathan Lovell9, Silas8, Silas7, Silas6, Samuel5, William4, Nathaniel3, John2, John1), son of Jonathan Lovell9 and Hannah T. (Moore) Whitney, was born 15 Dec 1854 [per Pierce] or 17 Dec, Leicester, MA, and died 8 Nov 1880, Jacksonville, FL.
He married, 27 Nov 1877, Chicago, IL, Mary Catherine Brennan, daughter of Andrew and Bridget (Ryan) Brennan. She was born 15 Aug 1850, WI, and died 17 Mar 1943, SD. She married secondly, 13 Oct 1884, Milwaukee, WI, John Pfieler. He was born 16 Feb 1824, Groslangheim, Germany, and diee 10 Aug 1911, Sheboygan, WI. They were divorced before 1900.
He resided Gainesville and Jacksonville, FL.
Children of William Henry10 and Mary Catherine (Brennan) Whitney:
i. Jonathan Lovell11 Whitney, b. 14 Feb 1879; resided Park Hotel, Sheboygan, WI, 1895; Britt, IA, 1900; d. after 1935, then unmarried. ii. Anna Josephine Whitney, b. 22 Dec 1881, WI; d. 19 Apr 1907, Boone Co., IA; m. 1900, Oren E. Ganoe.
Children of John Pfieler and Mary Catherine (Brennan)(Whitney) Pfieler:
i. Jacob Andrew Pfieler, b. 12 May 1886, WI; d. 1959, SD; m. 10 Nov 1915, O'Neill, Holt Co., NE, Margaret Brennan. ii. Mary B. Pfieler, b. Mar 1890, WI; m. Charles Hall.
Observe that William's death date and the birth date of daughter Anna conflict. It seems likely that his death date is off by a year. It makes sense that after his death, his widow Mary would return to Wisconsin to give birth to Anna.
William H. WHITNEY 26 Self M M W MA Late Clerk In ... MA MA Marie A. WHITNEY 25 Wife F M W VT Keeping House IRE IRE J. Lovell WHITNEY 1 Son M S W FL MA VT
310 313 Barker, Samuel J. Head W M Jan 1784 52 mar 31 New York New York New York Hotel keeper, Rents house -----, Emerette Wife W F Mar 1854 46 mar 31 2ch 2liv New York New York New York ... Whitney, Mary C. Srvt W F Aug 1849 50 div 4ch 4liv Wisconsin Ireland Ireland Cook -----, Lovell J. Srvt W M Feb 1879 21 sgl Florida Massachusetts Wisconsin Bus driver [and many servants and boarders]
- 1910, School District 53, Meade Co., SD: Mary C. Pfieler, 60, divorced, b. WI, homestead farmer, 4 children, 3 living; next door, James A. Pfieler, 23, single, b. WI, homestead farmer, and half-brother Jonathan L. Whitney, 31, single, b. FL, own income.
- All data imported from Frederick Clifton Pierce, The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came from London, England, to Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1635, (Chicago: 1895), p. 662.
1.^ "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910," from original records held by the Massachusetts Archives. Online database: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2004; volume 83, page 180.
Copyright © 2006, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group.
- Alachua County, Florida
- Gainesville, Alachua County, Florida
- Duval County, Florida
- Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida
- Cook County, Illinois
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Hancock County, Iowa
- Britt, Hancock County, Iowa
- Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Sheboygan County, Wisconsin
- Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin