Archive:NEHGR, Volume 115
Archives > Archive:Extracts > Archive:The New England Historical and Genealogical Register > NEHGR, Volume 115
Farquharson, John W., "Proceedings of the New England Historic Genealogical Society," NEHGR, Volume CXV (1960), pp. 65-69, 143-149.
[p. 67] [Deaths of Annual Members]
- Bertrand Ebenezer Whitney of Washington, D. C., 30 September 1960
[p. 144] [Deaths of Annual Members]
- Mrs. Walter C. Whitney (Gertrude Louise (Hall) Johnson) of Wellesley, Mass., 10 August 1960
Brownson, Lydia B. (Phinney), and McLean, Maclean W., "Ezra Perry of Sandwich, Mass. (c. 1625-1689)," NEHGR, Volume CXV (1960), pp. 86-99, 181-198, 268-289.
- 13. Elisha3 Perry (John2, Ezra1), baptised in the First Church, Sandwich, Mass., 30 July 1704, died in Ridgefield, Conn., before 5 Aug. 1751. He married in Sandwich, 20 Sept. 1725, "Anna Saunders of Plymouth" (Diary of the Rev. Benjamin Fessenden of Sandwich, The Register, vol. 12, p. 311; Sandwich town records, vol 1, p. 73), born in Plymouth, Mass., in October 1701, died probably in Ridgefield after 28 Oct. 1773, daughter and Henry and Ann Saunders of Plymouth (Agawam).
- Elisha Perry was named executor of his father's will, 1727, of which he was the most substantial legatee. He is named on the list of Sandwich householders, 1730, but it appears that he disposed of his Sandwich property and removed (probably in 1739 after the birth of his sixth child) to Danbury, Conn. Search here is difficult due to the destruction of Danbury land and other records by the British during the Revolution, but we find that Elisha Perry purchased one hundred acres of land in Ridgefield in 1746. He died probably not long after this last date for we find that on 5 Aug. 1751 the widow, Anna Perry, was appointed guardian of Mary, Hannah and Eliza-
- beth, children of Elisha Perry, deceased (Ridgefield probate). Anna (Saunders) Perry was living 28 Oct. 1773, the date of the will of her son Solomon (vide post).
- Children, first six born in Sandwich (town records, vol. 1, p. 73), the last three probably in Danbury:
- Solomon, b. 4 April 1726.
- Ruth, b. 29 Aug. 1728.
- Elisha, b. 25 June 1731.
- John, b. 22 Nov. 1733.
- James, b. 24 Dec. 1735.
- Mary (recorded as Maria), b. 6 April 1738; living in 1751.
- Hannah, b. in 1740; living in 1751; m. Thomas Crozier.
- Elizabeth, b. about 1742; living in 1751; m. Elijah Whitney.
- David, b. about 1744.
Bragdon, Lester MacKenzie, "Vital Records of York, Maine," NEHGR, Volume CXV (1960), pp. 58-65, 135-142, 211-228, 303-310.
[p. 216] [Marriages]
Page Intention Marriage 216 Thomas Talpe and Miriam Whitney both of York intend Marriage Enter'd Decr. 24. 1774 [... erasure ...] 217 Joseph Dunham of Wells and Hephzibah Whitney of York intend Marriage Enterd. Novr. 29. 1775 [... erasure ...]