Help:How to add Links
How to Add Links
There are two types of links:
- Internal links allow readers to quickly go from one page to another within TaxAlmanac
- External links allow readers to jump to related pages on external web sites.
Adding links to an article is easy:
- Internal links
- Simply place the name of the page between two sets of brackets, [[Like this]].
- You can also change the wording that is displayed by adding a vertical bar and the text to display, like this: [[page name | text to display]]
- External links
- Simply place the address of the page between one set of brackets, [Like this].
- You can also change the wording that is displayed by adding the text to display, like this: [address text to display]
|Type of Link||How the link looks||How to make the link||Notes|
|Links to other WRG pages||Main Page||[[Main Page]]||Put the page title between double brackets|
|Whitney Research Group||[[Whitney Research Group]]|
|WRG Overview||[[Whitney Research Group | WRG Overview]]||You can change what is displayed|
|Overview Page||[[Whitney Research Group | Overview Page]]|
|Links to external websites||http://www.ancestry.com/||http://www.ancestry.com/||Simple bare link|
|||[http://www.ancestry.com/]||Link with no title|
|Ancestry website||[http://www.ancestry.com/ Ancestry website]||Add text to display|