Royal Descent of Blanche Milborne
The Royal Descent of Blanche Milborne
Compiled by Adrian Benjamin Burke, Esq., from:
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, With Additions and Corrections by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr., Assisted by David Faris, Seventh Edition (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1999).
- Richardson, Douglas, Magna Charta Ancestry.
25. CHARLES THE GREAT (CHARLEMAGNE), bapt. 2 April 747, d. Aix la Chapelle, 28 January 813/4, King of France 768-814, crowned Holy Roman Emperor 25 December 800, m. prob. (3) ca. 771, HILDEGARDE, b. 758, d. 30 April 783, daughter of Count Geroud of Swabia.
24. PEPIN, bapt. at Rome, 12 April 781, by Pope Adrian I, d. Milan, 8 July 810, King of Italy 781-810. Apparently by a daughter of Duke Bernard, yr. bro. of Pepin the Short, he had Bernard a natural son. (NEHR 109:175-178).
23. BERNARD, natural son, b. 797, d. Milan, 17 April 818, King of Italy 813 - December 817; m. CUNIGUNDE, d. ca. 835.
22. PEPIN, b. 817/8, d. aft. 840, Count of Senlis, Peronne and St. Quentin.
21. HERBERT I DE VERMANDOIS, b. ca. 840, murdered ca. 902, Count of Vermandois, Seigneur of Senlis, Peronne and St. Quentin; m. BERTHA DE MORVOIS, daugher of Guerri I, Count of Morvois, by his wife Eve of Roussillon. (Isenburg, Saillot; Moriarty, The Plantagent Ancestry, pp. 6, 21, 23, 37).
20. BEATRIX DE VERMANDOIS, daughter of HERBERT I, Count of Vermandois, married ROBERT I, Duke of France, chosen King 922, d. 15 June 923.
19. HUGH MAGNUS, d. June 956, Count of Paris; m. (3) HEDWIG, daughter of HENRY I, THE FOWLER, King of Saxons.
18. HUGH CAPET (101-21), d. 24 Oct. 996, King of France; m. ADELAIDE OF POITOU (144A-20). (NEHGR 109:179-182; Moriarty, The Plantagenet Ancestry.)
17. HEDWIG (Princess of France), m. REGNIER IV, d. 1013, Count of Hainaut, son of REGNIER III (155-19), Count of Hainaut, b. ca 928, d. 973. They were parents of Regnier V and of Beatrix. (Moriarty, cit.)
16. BEATRIX DE HAINAULT, m. EBLES I (151-21), Count of Rheims and Roucy, Archbishop of Rheims. (Boston Evening Transcript, Feb. 1928, Note 2257, Part XV Brabant; Moriarty, cit.)
15. ALIX DE ROUCY, d. 1062; m. HILDOUIN III, d. ca. 1063, Count of Montdidier & Roucy, Seigneur of Rameru. (See Genealogist 10:85, for Montdidier).
14. MARGARET (or MARGUERITE) DE ROUCY, m. ca. 1080, HUGH DE CREIL, d. 1101, Count of Clermont in Beauvaisis. (CP X 348).
13. ADELAIDE DE CLERMONT, m. GILBERT FITZ RICHARD, d. 1070, Lord of CLare and Lord Tunbirdge. (CP III 242-3, X 348; Sanders, 34-45).
12. BADEION DE MONMOUTH, m. ROHESE FITZ RICHARD
11. HUGH DE LACY, m. ROHESE DE MONMOUTH
10. MARGERY (or MARGARET) DE BRAIOSE, d. 19 Nov. 1200; m. WALTER DE LACY, b. ca. 1172, d. 1241, lord of Meath, Ireland, and of Weobley, co. Hereford, son of Hugh de Lacy, d. 1186, by his wife Rohese de Monmouth, dau. of Badeion de Monmouth, 1170/76, of Monmouth, co. Monmouth, by his wife, Rohese, dau. of GILBERT FITZ RICHARD (184-3), d. 1114/7, of Clare, Suffolk & Cardigan, Wales, by his wife, ADELIZA DE CLERMONT (246-24). (Orpen, Ireland under the Normans, III, chart pp. 286-287; CP XII (2) 169, footnote d; Sanders, pp. 64-65).
9. GILBERT DE LACY, of Ewyas Harold, co. Hereford, and of Trim and Weobley, d. 1230; m. ISABEL BIGOD, dau. of Hugh Bigod, Earl of Norfolk, by his wife, Maud Marshal. (CP V 437, IX 589-590; Orpen, op. cit., III, chart pp. 286-287).
8. MARGARET DE LACY, d. 1256, Lady of Dulek; m. as (1) wife 14 May 1244, JOHN DE VERDUN, d. 1274, son of Theobald le Boteler and Rohese de Verdun. (Note: Maud, d. 27 Nov. 1283, dau. of Theobald le Boteler and Rohese de Verdun, m. John Fitz Alan, Earl of Arundel (149-28), q.v.). (CP I 239-240, XII (2) 246; Banks I 221, 445).
7. THEOBALD DE VERDUN, b. ca. 1248, d. Alton, co. Stafford, 24 Aug. 1309, M.P. 1289/90, 1st Lord Verdun, Constable of Ireland, Lord of Dulek; m. by 6 Nov. 1276, MARGERY DE BOHUN, h. of 1/4 hundred of Bisley, co. Gloucester. (CP XII (2) 249-250; Banks I 221, 445).
6. SIR THEOBALD DE VERDUN, KNT., of Alton, co. Staffrod, b. 8 Sept. 1278, Lord of Weoberley, 2nd Lord Verdun, Justifciar of Ireland, Knt. 1298, M.P. 1299-1314, d. Alton 27 July 1316; m. (1) Wigmore, 29 July 1302, MAUD DE MORTIMER, d. 1312, dau. of SIR EDMUND DE MORTIMER (27-30) and MARGARET DE FIENNES (120-32). (CP II 426, XII (2), cit.;Bankings I 445). He m. (2) ELIZABETH DE CLARE (11-30).
5. MARGERY DE VERDUN, married JOHN DE CROPHILL, Knt., of Sutton Bonnington, Nottinghamshire.
4. THOMAS DE CRUPHILL, of Newbold Verdun, Leicestershire, married SIBYL DE LA BERE.
3. AGNES CROPHILL, married WALTER DEVEREUX, Knt., of Weobley, Herefordshire.
2. ELIZABETH DEVEREUX, married before 1422 JOHN MILBORNE (or MELBORNE), Esq., of Tillington, Burghill, and Munsley, Herefordshire, Bughill and Bulley, Gloucestershire, and Holme Spinney (in Bechingham), Lincolnshire, son and heir of Peter de Milborne, Esq., by Elizabeth, daughter and heiress of John Eyelesford, Knt., of Burghill, Herefordshire. They had nine children. JOHN MILBORNE,Esq., died 7 Sept. 1435. His widow, Elizabeth, died in 1475. They were buried at Burghill, Gloucestershire.
2. SIMON MILBORNE, Esq., of Tillington, Burghill, Almeley, Munsley, and Howton (in Kenderchurch), Herefordshire, etc., and, in right of his wife, of Icomb, Worcestershire, Sheriff of Herefordshire. He married JANE BASKERVILLE, daughter and heiress of Ralph Baskverille, Esq., of Erdesley, Herefordshire, by Anne, duaghter and heiress of John Blackett, Knt. They had thirteen daughters, Sybil (wife of Richard Hacklut and John Breynton, Knt.), Elizabeth, Alice (wife of Henry Mill and Thomas Baskerville, Esq.), Blanche (wife of James Whitney, Knt. [sic - Esq. ABB] and William Herbert, Knt.), Katherine (wife of Thomas Barton), Anne, Agnes (wife of Thomas Walwyn, Esq.), Jane, Joyce (wife of Thomas Hyett), Margaret (wife of John Bishop), Juliane, Eleanor, and Jane (wife of Richard Cornwall, Knt.). SIMON MILBORNE, Esq., died testate 14 August 1522.
1. BLANCHE MILBORNE, m. (1) James Whitney, Esq., of Whitney, (2) Sir William Herbert of Troy
Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 500 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (Baltimore: The Genealogical Publishing Co., 2001), p. 303
13. HENRY II, KING OF ENGLAND, d. 1189, m. ELEANOR OF ACQUITAINE.
12. ELEANOR PLANTAGENET, b. 1161, d. 1214, m. 1169, ALPHONSO VIII, KING OF CASTILE, b. 1155, d. 1214.
11. BERENGARIA OF CASTILE, d. 1244, m. ALPHONSO IX, KING OF LEON, b. 1166, d. 1229.
10. BERENGARIA OF LEON, m. JOHN DE BRIENNE, King of Jerusalem and Emperor of Constantinople, d. 1237.
9. JEAN DE BRIENNE, d. 1296, m. 1251, JEANNE DE CHATEAUDUN.
8. BLANCHE DE BRIENNE, m. SIR WILLIAM DE FIENES, d. 1302.
7. MARGARET DE FIENNES, m. ca. 1280, SIR EDMUND MORTIMER, 7th Baron Mortimer of Wigmore, b. ca. 1261, d. 1304.
6. MAUD DE MORTIMER, m. SIR THEOBALD DE VERDUN.
From: Weis, Frederick Lewis, Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, With Additions and Corrections by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr., Assisted by David Faris, Seventh Edition (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1999).
11. JOHN, KING OF ENGLAND
10. JOAN PLANTAGENET (natural daughter), m. LLEWELLYN AP IOWORTH "the Great", Prince of North Wales, b. 1173, d. 1240.
9. GLADYS DHU, d. 1251, m.(1) Reynold de Braiose; m.(2) 1230, RALPH DE MORTIMER of Wigmore, 5th Baron Mortimer of Wigmore, d. 6 Aug 1246.
8. ROGER DE MORTIMER, b. ca. 1231, d. bef. 10 Oct 1282, 6th Baron Mortimer of Wigmore, m. 1247, MAUD DE BRAIOSE. d. before 23 Mar 1300/1.
7. SIR EDMUND MORTIMER, 7th Baron Mortimer of Wigmore, b. 1261, d. 17 Jul 1304, m. ca. 1825, MARGARET DE FIENES, d. 7 Feb 1333/4.