Category:Groton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts

From WRG
Jump to: navigation, search

Groton was formed in 1655 from land known as Petapawag. Its boundary with Nashoba (now Littleton) was adjusted in 1715. Parts were ceded to Westford in 1730, Harvard in 1732, and Dunstable in 1747. Land was gained from Dunstable in 1752. The Second Precinct was split off to form Pepperell in 1753, and another section was split off to form Shirley in 1753. Land was given to Dunstable in 1753, 1793, and 1796. Territory was given to Shirley in 1798. Land was gained from Pepperell in 1803. A section was given to Dunstable in 1803. Its boundary with Dunstable was changed in 1830. Part was given to Pepperell in 1857. The town of Ayer was formed from its Groton Junction section in 1871.

Neighboring towns: Dunstable, Tyngsborough, Chelmsford, Westford, Littleton, Ayer, Harvard, Shirley, Lunenburg, Townsend, Pepperell.

Pages in category "Groton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts"

The following 184 pages are in this category, out of 184 total.

A

B

C

F

G

H

J

L

L cont.

P

R

S

T

W

W cont.

Personal tools